Sept 2012 car rental......

Just FYI, but the tolls from the airport to WDW on 417 (imho easiest route) are only $2.50 each way....so to save $5 it may not be worth it to use ME and the car care center. Usually it is cheaper to rent from MCO plus you will have the time savings.

I have been renting 2-3x year in WDW for years now and the rates usually drop big time about 1 month out. I am trying to find a decent "back up" ressie now, but not too worried yet.

Couldn't agree more.. plus the lines at CCC are long and having to wait for their shuttle to pick you up to go get your car, is time you could be spending in the parks.. ohhhhh and DME picks you up VERY early for your flights..having a car to zip you to the airport is way more relaxing IMHO :hippie:

What is the code for the $35 off coupon? Is there any problems cancelling using this code if a lower price comes up closer to our rental dates?

ND8578ADT * (rentals that begin by 9/15/2012) - $35 off weekly rental, 5-day min and Sat nite keep required, compact thru Luxury, Minivan or SUV

You have to call to cancel if you use the KLM code.

I tried that coupon code for National and it says that the coupon will expire prior to my departure? We will be there 9/27-10/8 I am getting the best pricing using that KLM contract id so far

We're there 9-25 till 10-2 and I was having trouble finding codes that went out that far. What's the KLM contract id? And is that for National? We need to rent a minivan for the week.

Just for fun, I went to Alamo and put in the dates of May 25 thru June 2 ..which is this friday ( Friday to the following Saturday (8 days) which are the same as we will be traveling in Sept) using codes 7015309 and coupon : AD2359FDF. I got a minivan out the door at $154 !!. I then put in the next week and got $186.. then I put in our real dates for Sept 7-15 and got over $500 !!

Sept is low season.. 6 weeks to 5 days before you travel will drop dramatically.. patients :rotfl2:

Yes patience is a virtue when it comes to rental cars, we rented a car in Feb. through National and were getting ridiculous prices until about a month out, then they started coming down significantly.
The KLM contract id is for National

Thanks!

And that's some crazy cheap prices for a week out. I'll definitely keep looking till the last minute this year.

The best rate I have been able to get for National is using contract ID 1234567. For me it was $50 cheaper then the KLM code. If you can add a coupon its even better!!

Just for fun, I went to Alamo and put in the dates of May 25 thru June 2 ..which is this friday ( Friday to the following Saturday (8 days) which are the same as we will be traveling in Sept) using codes 7015309 and coupon : AD2359FDF. I got a minivan out the door at $154 !!. I then put in the next week and got $186.. then I put in our real dates for Sept 7-15 and got over $500 !!

Sept is low season.. 6 weeks to 5 days before you travel will drop dramatically.. patients :rotfl2:

that certainly isn't the case for National...I just did the same thing and still getting over $500 for the amout of time we will need a minivan :scared1:
I put in 5/24-June 4. The actual dates I need are 8/23-9/3

that certainly isn't the case for National...I just did the same thing and still getting over $500 for the amout of time we will need a minivan :scared1:
I put in 5/24-June 4. The actual dates I need are 8/23-9/3

alamo from May 25 to June 11 (which is a Thurs to Monday, 11 days rental) for a mini van without using a coupon, just code 7015309 is $317 not bad for 11 days.. for your dates it coming up at $736.20 :sick: ouch !!

Just curious, National and Alamo are owned by the same company right ?

hi guys..i have been looking for a car rental for about a month now for sept 15-25. $400,500$ for 10 days..ouch.i was able to use some of the coupons i found and was quoted like 280$ which is better. However, i went onto orbitz as well as the actuall car rental site, and Advantage car rentals for a compact car is $151 after taxes for 10 days, unlimited miliage. sounds pretty good to me :] didnt have to enter a coupon on anything.

Generally the opposite to flights, car rental prices, at least for majors like Hertz and Enterprise, are usually the best in the week or two just before arrival. Over and over we see prices drop and keep re-booking our car right up until we get there. On our trip to Aulani we booked the car (for the 3rd time) just days before we got there and got an amazing price.

Book a car now just to have one reserved, then keep looking for price drops and re-book.

Thrifty was my best deal in April/May and looks like they are cheaper again, although only by a bit.

The best rate I have been able to get for National is using contract ID 1234567. For me it was $50 cheaper then the KLM code. If you can add a coupon its even better!!

Is that a code that anyone can use or specific to a certain group?

Is that a code that anyone can use or specific to a certain group?

I believe KLM is Royal Dutch Airways and you can sign up for free :confused3 you also can't cancel on line but have to call.. not very friendly IMHO.

ohhh DAH!! I bet you were asking about the National Code :rolleyes1

I know its still early but i just sw my first price i was willing to pay. i am still hoping it will go lower but at alamo using costco code 7014627
and coupon code AD2359FDF., i got a standard(which at mco i understand to really be a full size) for 15 days for 260 out the door

I hope others start having some luck too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!