Sept 10-16th havent booked yet..have I waited too long??

DanaHesson

DIS Veteran
It is just hubby and I. We are pretty sure we are going to do Coral Reef, Le Cellier, and Crysal Palace (breakfast) I am getting concerned because I cant get hubby to make the final decision on where he wants to eat for his Bday dinner on the 12th. I dont want to have to make a million calls to WDW DINE. Anyone else going during this week that can tell me how much trouble they had making their ADR's?

We're going from 9/22 - 9/30 and can't get dinner at Coral Reef. Chef Mickey's is also a no-go for anything.:sad1:

Just go ahead and call and make the ADR's for where you think that you will want to eat. Have a couple of options in case one if full or ask the CM for opinions tell them what your DH and you like. I have done this a couple of times and have been very pleased with recommendations. However, you may have it a little easier as you are going right after Labor day and that week tends to not be as crowded at off season as the last week in Sept. You can always call and change if your DH decides on something different or you can wait until you get there and try to make some changes. But at least you will have something set up so you will not be without.... :sunny: :goodvibes

I would call soon. Just yesterday DH and I decided to go for a weekend for our anniversary, 9/21/06 - 9/23/06. I was so excited, I got a discounted rate at BWI. Then when I called last night about dining, I couldn't get anything we wanted. I couldn't even get our backups. Good luck. I'm just going to keep calling everyday and hope for a cancellation. :)

I'd go ahead and call. We are going about the same time in September, and I made our reservations a couple weeks ago. We eat dinner earlier than most people do, and still had a couple close calls when making reservations. Just go ahead and make them: you can call when you are there to see if you can change the to another time, etc. We have NEVER had a problem with dinner reservations (September seems to be a slower month than most) but the dining plan may have been the "deal breaker" for some folks on the fence as to traveling in September.

Just my opinion, but I'd rather make the calls NOW, from home, and have something confirmed, rather than go to WDW and scramble then.

:scared:

I guess the most important thing is your party size. If you are two, you might have better luck getting a table than a larger party. I agree with the others that things don't look good for LeCellier or Coral Reef. With the free dining promotion, restraurants booked up awhile back. Hopefully you'll catch a cancellation. I would call right away and start with some ADRs and then work around them. When I called for our October ressies for LeCellier at the 180 mark, most of the good times were already taken so I asked about the entire week and the CM read off what was left.

I just made my dinning on monday for September 5-14 an got everything I wanted. So maybe you will have luck getting want you want. We got Chef Mickeys, Liberty tree, crystal Palace, sci-fi, resturant in the sea, Japan, that is all I can think of off hand.
Good Luck

You never know til you try. I called the first week for our sept. 18-24 trip and only 8:30 pm was available for Lecellier for monday night and the rest of the week. I hope they don't lose my ressies!

Last night I cancelled a Le Cellier reservation for September 11th. Others will also cancel so don't give up. :)

We were able to make some for Crystal Palace, just yesterday! So don't give up, I am sure there are plenty of openings, just keep your choices open...
Good Luck!

Bev

I just changed one of my reservations this morning -- and got Crystal Palace at 8am on Sept 23 for 7 people. Maybe breakfast will be an easier reservation than dinner -- and maybe even lunch easier than dinner. Good luck!

We ended up with:

Sept 11th 50's Prime Time

Sept 12th Le Cellier (we wanted Coral Reef for this one, hubby bday)

Sept 13th Coral Reef

Sept 14th Crystal Palace Breakfast, Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner

Sept 15th 1900 Park Fare

We really debated back and forth about trying Biergarten this trip, but in the end we decided to play it on the safe side and try 1900 Park Fare. New also for us this trip will be 50's, Coral Reef, Liberty Tree, and Crystal Palace breakfast. We have had dinner at CP several times, and I have been dying to try breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter