sensitive teeth

anniemae

Either she is eating a delicious
Has anyone had their teeth suddenly become sensitive to cold liquids/food? I have had it for about a week. Was going to call the dentist so he can take a look, but was wondering if it would go away on it's own. I was thinking of waiting another week to see if it resolves itself, but it's driving me crazy. I just had a cleaning last month, so I feel silly calling.

I think it's possible for it to come & go. Do you have any allergy issues? I think sometimes sinuses can get inflamed and you can sense it in your gums. You could try some of the toothpaste formulated for sensitive teeth, I've had it work for me (might take a few days though.) Pretty sure your dentist wouldn't mind you calling but it's likely he will want you to make an appointment. Good luck! :)

I think it's possible for it to come & go. Do you have any allergy issues? I think sometimes sinuses can get inflamed and you can sense it in your gums. You could try some of the toothpaste formulated for sensitive teeth, I've had it work for me (might take a few days though.) Pretty sure your dentist wouldn't mind you calling but it's likely he will want you to make an appointment. Good luck! :)

I tried sensodyne but it isn't really working. I have heard there are gels and stuff you can try. I just want to make sure that is all it is and not something more serious.

Get it checked out for sure, but my teeth are really sensitive during the fall and winter when it’s cold out, and also when my allergies are bothering me.

I had sensitive teeth on the left side for months-it turned out I had one tooth that needed a root canal and a filling. The sensitivity went away after I had those done.

I tried sensodyne but it isn't really working. I have heard there are gels and stuff you can try. I just want to make sure that is all it is and not something more serious.

I told my dentist my teeth were getting sensitive (even when I eat cold grapes) and he suggesred Sensodyne. He told me that it would take about 3 weeks to notice a difference. It took me about two weeks. My teeth feel fine and I can eat grapes and cold food again without any problems. How long have you been using it.

I told my dentist my teeth were getting sensitive (even when I eat cold grapes) and he suggesred Sensodyne. He told me that it would take about 3 weeks to notice a difference. It took me about two weeks. My teeth feel fine and I can eat grapes and cold food again without any problems. How long have you been using it.

I have been using it one week. I guess I'll give it a little longer.

Also, did your dentist check to see if you had a cracked tooth or cracked dental work? How did he know it was just sensitive teeth?

I will sometimes get sensitive teeth for a couple weeks and then all is fine again.
I hate using toothpaste that helps it because I like my toothpaste so I just deal with it.
I get a teeth cleaning and check up by the dentist every 6 months and I have not had a cavity in 16 years so I'm never too worried that there's something seriously wrong when they are sensitive.

not very often, but it has happened to me. it was really bad when i was doing teeth whitening. that makes your teeth more sensitive, but sensodyne has always worked for me.

I had sensitive teeth on the left side for months-it turned out I had one tooth that needed a root canal and a filling. The sensitivity went away after I had those done.

This was the same for me. Started when I was on a cruise. Hard to eat anything. Went to dentist when I got home. Said my roots were dying that is why the sensitivity - he then did a root canal. So, if it continues you should get it checked out.

Happened to DH- he had a hairline crack in one tooth that needed a root canal and crown. It happened to me, too. Turned out that the gum around that tooth is receding slightly. Dentist prescribed "Prevident" which is a high-fluoride paste. I rub it along the gum line of that tooth and in about a week the twinges stopped. I still use the Prevident, though!

I have been using it one week. I guess I'll give it a little longer.

Also, did your dentist check to see if you had a cracked tooth or cracked dental work? How did he know it was just sensitive teeth?

I was in for a cleaning and also had xrays so I guess he saw my teeth were okay.

There could be a tiny little cavity causing sensitivity. Does your dentist use digital XRays? They can see a lot more than regular XRays. (Which can be good and bad, but good when you have a problem like this.) I had it happen recently.

I agree with the Sensodyne. It has something in it that dentists use to help with the pain. You haven't been whitening lately, right? That can cause major sensitivity. Colgate also puts out a rinse (I forget what it's called) but it helps with minor mouth pain. Make sure you are flossing really well. They also make those little plastic things that look like screws that you can use in-between your teeth to get them really clean, then rinse for a minute or two. My dentist also prescribed PhisoHex rinse.

Good luck.

There could be a tiny little cavity causing sensitivity. Does your dentist use digital XRays? They can see a lot more than regular XRays. (Which can be good and bad, but good when you have a problem like this.) I had it happen recently.

I agree with the Sensodyne. It has something in it that dentists use to help with the pain. You haven't been whitening lately, right? That can cause major sensitivity. Colgate also puts out a rinse (I forget what it's called) but it helps with minor mouth pain. Make sure you are flossing really well. They also make those little plastic things that look like screws that you can use in-between your teeth to get them really clean, then rinse for a minute or two. My dentist also prescribed PhisoHex rinse.

Good luck.

I don't think they use digital X-rays. No, I have not done any whitening. I am going to give the sensodyne a little longer to work. If it does not get better, I will call to make an appt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter