Sending A "Care" Package To Yourself At OKW

MUcrick

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are hosting my brother's family for their first ever trip to WDW this coming November. To help ease the travel load, I was considering making a "care" package with snacks, etc. and mailing to OKW for delivery on or before our expected arrival date.

I'd like to know if anyone else has done this before and, if so:

1. should I call OKW and notify them of the incoming package?

2. how should the package be marked?

3. what items did you include in your package?

Considering that we may now rent a car for the week so that we can go off property for a few activites (ocean, etc.), should we just wait until we get to Orlando and purchase these items at Target or a grocery store on our way from the airport?

Any guidance is appreciated.

John

We usually use netgrocer.com but we have friends who always mail a pkge down. You need to put your name and arrival date on the box and use the address for OKW. I have never called ahead to the resort. The pkge is held for you until your arrival. We usually order snack foods, cereal, crackers, cookies etc. On our way from the airport we stop at the food store and buy all the perishables and soda, beer and wine. If your villa isn't ready they will store the cold items for you. We bag the frozen and refrigerated separate so the bell services does not have to do that before storing the items. Hope this helps.

A few years ago we were down for Xmas and NY and I mailed a small tree and presents that my family did not know about. I put the actual address of the resort on it, I put our name and reservation dates. I mailed it approximatly one week in advance and starting at 3 days before we were to arrive I started calling to check on it. I wanted to make sure that everything was ok. When we were checking in at the front desk of OKW that mentioned, and I stress THEY mentioned, that we had a package waiting for us. It went really smooth and I would not hestitate to do it again. It is always good to mail quick snacks so when you arrive you have something to munch on while you go shopping for the other items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter