Selling Pts on My Own Questions

lat

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
I will start looking into selling some of my points myself. Do not want to pay the commission to resale brokers.

For those of you who have sold on your own, besides TUG, where else do you advertise that is effective?

Thought about E-bay, but someone else was telling me that you have to pay $50 or $60 per auction or something like that, that is a bit hefty if the points are not sold. Have to look into it further.

Whom do you use for the closing services? The ones I know are Timeshare Closing Services and Holland & Knight.

Thanks a lot!!!

I used Timeshare Closing when a DVC contract was transferred to me. They were fast with most of the work, but I am still waiting for the new deed, so I can't tell you for sure yet. They charged me $150 for their services--I had already notified Disney and gotten ROFR--and another $100 to send to Disney for the transfer.

I have also sold a contract, but I used Timeshare Store. They charge 12% but I had a check in my hands in 3 weeks, and all I had to do was sign my name a couple of times, so it was worth the commission. If you have time on your hands and nothing to do, selling your contract yourself might be a good thing, but if you work and have a lot of stress in your life already, it would be worth it to pay the commission. Just my opinion.

Cruelladeville, thanks for sharing your experience!!

The lowest that I was quoted I believe is 10% which based on $65 per point will bring it down to below $60........ (since these have only 2005's pts left).

I am not in a great big hurry to sell. But it is something that I made a promise to DH that I will need to do for the house we are in the process of buying.

I am also debating if I should hold off a little longer to see how the price increase will affect the resale prices (assuming Disney will increase their buy back prices). Any thoughts on this?

If you're not in a great hurry -- go ahead and try TUG. We just bought our resale from a private party that had listed there. The only thing you will end up paying is the price of the ad and the $100 transfer fee as it has been pretty standard that the buyers pay for closing costs. We had everything handled through an Orlando branch of First American Title.

The time it takes to sell will really depend on where your home resort is. You had mentioned in your post that the '04 points have been used. So, another factor may be what month your use year is. If you've got BCV, BWV, or VWL it should go faster than OKW, HHI, or VB.

Good Luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter