Selling My DVC THE GOOD AND THE BAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIREFIGHTERMICKEY

Mouseketeer
After much thought my wife and I decided to sell SOME of our DVC points. The only reason we did it is due to the state of the economy and the failure of leadership in this country.It is hard to make choices based on someone elses failures,But being finacially sound is important.First off for those who do not know me, I AM A HUGE DISNEY FAN! You dont see many grown men who love Disney as much as I do. MY dream Job when I retire is to work at WDW in ANY CAPACITY!
Selling our DVC was difficult. It was one of the hardest choices I hope I will ever make. But Using TTS to sell was THE BEST Choice. There service was nothing short of Fantastic! THANK YOU TTS! :clown::firefight

We're selling one of our contracts for some of the same reasons. We had an offer on our contract within a couple of days. We have a delayed closing, and hope that all goes well, and we will have less maintenance fees due next year.

When you get that dream job at WDW (which I would say would be almost any job at Disney!!), don't forget about us!! Come back and help us out like Cheshire Figment!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your story!

The only reason we did it is due to the state of the economy and the failure of leadership in this country.It is hard to make choices based on someone elses failures,But being finacially sound is important.

Well said. Best wishes to you and I hope you are able to balance your Finances and love for Disney. :)

So sad to hear you had to sell some of your points. I sympathize, being a "near-middle-aged" man with the same retirement dream. Good luck and keep spreading the pixie dust!!!!!

Another bright side to selling was the fact that you were able to find a buyer so quickly. There are many people who own timeshares that are unable to sell them at all, not even for $1. A big reason we bought into DVC was its resale value and ability to get rid of it fairly quickly if necessary.

Good luck to you for being fiscally prudent and I hope to see you someday piloting a Friendship boat on the Boardwalk. ;)

Stephen

After much thought my wife and I decided to sell SOME of our DVC points. The only reason we did it is due to the state of the economy and the failure of leadership in this country.It is hard to make choices based on someone elses failures,But being finacially sound is important.First off for those who do not know me, I AM A HUGE DISNEY FAN! You dont see many grown men who love Disney as much as I do. MY dream Job when I retire is to work at WDW in ANY CAPACITY!
Selling our DVC was difficult. It was one of the hardest choices I hope I will ever make. But Using TTS to sell was THE BEST Choice. There service was nothing short of Fantastic! THANK YOU TTS! :clown::firefight

We like you have sold some of our dvc points. We are "right" sizing in preparation for my husband's retirement. It is good to know that the rental market is thriving for DVC owners and should you need to take a vacation requiring more points, that is the cheapest avenue. Hope to see you also on the Friendship boat!

After much thought my wife and I decided to sell SOME of our DVC points. The only reason we did it is due to the state of the economy and the failure of leadership in this country./QUOTE]

Think of the bright side.... At least you are not selling due to illness or death.

Good luck to you!

Thanks everyone!! It was a very difficult choice, but understanding how to budget made it a no brainer. On the bright side ill be a dandy cruise in a few weeks. Back at Disney for 6 days in June' and running the tower of terror 10 miler in October with 3 days at WDW.

Sorry you had to sell some of your points. We sold off about 25% of our points last year. It was part of our original plan, but I still hated to let go and I found it easy to put off actually listing them.
The proceeds of the sale were put to good use and that really helped. And, a year later I feel really good about not having the MFs to pay. I'm actually thinking about further downsizing.

We'll both be retired by the end of the year, and budgeting for the yearly MF is one of the important line items.. There are things we will let go before our DVC.

DH considered retiring 5 years ago, moving and getting a job at WDW. However, at some point he realized that getting up to work for so much less money didn't make sense. He loves his job, he vacations at Disney. That's the decision he made. Lots of our friends were surprised at that decision. Now when he retires, he will be retired from work. He and I like to get away, visit family, national parks and go on some cruises. People talk about the raise in Medicare expenses next year. Is that anyone's fault? It does seem that life is going to get harder.

I'm glad you were able to sell what you wanted. As much as we want to keep our DVC, maybe at some point we won't be able to keep it and we'll be selling too!

Bobbi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter