Selling for 1st time on Ebay

Mom to 2

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I just registered on Ebay and would like to start with one item to see how it goes, but my question is will it be ok if I dont accept PayPal (whatever that is). I did read up on it but I read alot of negative stuff on returns, credit card fees, payments etc. so some people said they prefer to only accept money orders, checks or cash sent certified or something like that. This sounds like something I would like because I like something plain and simple. Do you think people will still buy if they have to send a money order or wait till a check clears?? Any help would be appreciated.

Lory

I think more people will buy from you if you accept paypal, but, also, you will still sell your items without accepting paypal. I don't take paypal, and I manage to get good prices on what I offer. I try to make it up to people by being honost, providing as cheap of shipping as possible, and shipping as soon as I get that money order.

For me, the negatives of paypal weren't worth the couple of extra dollars I would get by accepting it.

You definitely limit your bidders when you don't accept paypal. It's tough as new seller as well.

Look at it from the bidders point of view. Pretty risky to mail off a money order to someone with little or no feedback.

I'm more likely to give a new e-bayer a chance if they accept paypal since then I have a chance of getting my money back if something goes wrong.

OK, after 2 hours I just put my first item on Ebay :thumbsup2 Boy, I hope I did it right :blush: My question now is how do you pay the insertion fee. I chose to pay it by check but is it automatically deducted from my checking, when?? how do I know it was?? I am so nervous about doing this wrong and getting somebody mad at me or something. I only listed one item and will see how it goes before I dare put anything else on there. Also if someone bids and wins, do I get an email or something on where to mail the item to?? Ah, I researched as much as I could but sometimes I just cant figure things out too well :sad2:

Thanks again,

Lory

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter