Self-Guided Walking Tour Nassau

Corryn

DIS Veteran
Hello again,
I'm reading the PassPorter and it has a section entitled, Getting Around Nassau.
It tells of a Self-Guided Tour of Nassau (a walking tour).
Has anyone done this?

I asked this very same question a little while ago and noone that responded had actually done the one from the passporter. Hopefully someone who has done it will see your post and can tell us how long it took them and if they thought it was worth not spending the money to do the other tours by bus or van.

It's the guidebook, something like those "Unofficial Guides". You can find them at the book store.

I combined the stuff in passporter with a walking tour I found on the lonely planet website. We saw everything we wanted. The tourist maps were easy to use, although some did not quite go out as far as the water tower (worth the climb for the excellent view). Our tour took us about 2 hours in total. I would suggest an early start as in December we were sweating buckets & ended up buying bottled water from vendors who then tried to sell you a verbal potted history of the Queens staircase etc. I felt quite safe & never ventured off the major roads & just took the normal precautions of not openly displaying valuables etc. There is no getting away from the fact that you are a tourist as you will need to refer to your map.

Thanks, Celestine!
I appreciate your input. That sounds very nice. I really want to take advantage of being in another "country" and learning about its history. I'm going to check out lonelyplanet now.
Thanks!
If anyone else has anything to add, feel free!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter