Segway Tour of EPCOT?

billwendy

DIS Veteran
Hi!!

Has anyone done the segway tour in EPCOT? Was it worth it? was it fun? Do they weigh people before the tour???? lol

Thanks!!

My DH took the tour a couple of years ago and LOVED it. Basically they spend about an hour training you and then they take you into the WS before it opens for a ride around the lagoon. They stop and take pics and at the end give you a pin.
We were worried about the weight limit as he was pretty close to the 250 limit (if not over) but they didn't say anything. Now if he was 300lbs or more I am sure they would say something. I will say that he said that the weight did make the Segway a bit slower than the others.

Do they weigh you first? No. The limit is said to be around 250 and I would imagine that they pretty much eyeball the participants. If a guest were to be too heavy, it would be dangerous for them to ride (I imagine) as well as detrimental to the piece of equipment.
My dd (17),dh and I did this tour in August. It was terrific. They both thought it was a high point of the trip. We spent enough time inside, practicing riding the Segway and turning and up and down ramps that we felt pretty competant when we got outside, in the 'real' world.
I would recommend it for anyone looking for something a bit different.

My two adult age sons, 26 & 20, did the tour in September. They not only thought that using the segway was fun but said that the tour through the EPCOT pavilions was interesting. The guide told them things about each country that they did'nt know. They said it was worth the money.

I have done the Segway tour twice and both times it was equally as fun. Our guides were funny and personable. My daughter is going the middle of November and I am encouraging her to take the tour. You get lots of looks while riding through Epcot.:cool1:

we had a gas!!! it was great fun. don't know about the weigh in, though.
we liked the "tour" of WS. although, I wish they had the earphones like on the keys to the kingdom tour. this was before hubby got hearing aids, so he missed most of the "talk" (he was the one kinda wandering away from the group, checking things out, and getting "yelled at" at lot!:rotfl:

My DH has done the Epcot one twice and I have done it once. It was so much fun,that I would love to do it again.

My DH is over 6' and husky so pushing the 240 mark and they did not weigh him.

I went in December doing the first tour of the morning and it was quite chilly. I really regretted not bringing my gloves! But besides cold claw fingers, I really enjoyed the tour and driving my Segway.

Love the tour, have done it twice & would love to go again, it's THAT fun! Also want to do the Ft. Wilderness Segway sometime but probably not before doing Epcot again. I've never heard anyone say that the tour wasn't great. HaVE FUN!

We have done the segway tours at Epcot, Fort Wilderness and at Celebration and loved all of them :)

DH and I did the Epcot Segway tour in Dec. '09. It was the highlight of our trip and I would do it again!

GO for it!

We have done the Around the World at Epcot Segway tour three times; also tried Fort Wilderness & last year did the Nature Inspired one at Epcot. Soo much fun! Well worth the cost. No, they did not weigh us. Epcot is great for learning, but Fort Wilderness was more riding and adventure because of the terrain. They are all great! Enjoy

Did Epcot Segway with a friend in May! Loved it! Weight limit is 250 on your honor...no weigh in...we loved it, and wanted the segway to go faster! They keep it regulated so you cannot go above a certain speed. Guides were very personable and friendly and we highly suggest this tour!:thumbsup2

DH and I did this tour with friends a few trips ago and had a blast. If you've never been on a Segway before, it's well worth the money! We have some great pics from the tour and really felt comfortable with everything they taught us.

I took a Segway tour later in Baltimore and there was practically no teaching time. I was REALLY glad I had experience before crossing the streets of Baltimore on one!

If anyone is curious as to whether they might want to take a Segway tour, they might check out Innoventions West in Epcot, which has a short, free training course in riding a segway. You actually get to ride it, altho not very far and not very fast. But I've always had fun riding the segway in their training course, and I plan to do the full Epcot segway tour in 2011.

If anyone is curious as to whether they might want to take a Segway tour, they might check out Innoventions West in Epcot, which has a short, free training course in riding a segway. You actually get to ride it, altho not very far and not very fast. But I've always had fun riding the segway in their training course, and I plan to do the full Epcot segway tour in 2011.

My DH did this and there were 2 trainers a guy and a girl. His turn came up and they made him wait for the guy. He is 6-2 about 210 lbs. I figure it is a safety issue. My DS is 6-3 and heavier than his Dad and he won't try it because of the weight limit. Maybe he will now that I have read all these posts!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter