Seeking Assistance: Can I Organize an Event at a Disney Restaurant?

throatflex

Earning My Ears
I'm considering arranging a catering event for a birthday party at Disney. Is it feasible? I'm aware that numerous catering businesses provide such services. Nevertheless, I have reservations about whether this can be done on-site.

I'm considering arranging a catering event for a birthday party at Disney. Is it feasible? I'm aware that numerous catering businesses provide such services. Nevertheless, I have reservations about whether this can be done on-site.

Someone told me it is possible, but I need to work with Disney's event planning team to organize a catering event. Is it true?

Where are you planning to have this event? (More specific than "at Disney.")

I think there are rooms in some of the Disney hotels which people have used for events.

People also have posted about whether to have an event in their 2-bedroom DVC villa, but that has been pretty controversial regarding having a large number of people coming and going from your room.

Disney will not allow you to use their restaurant for the event without you getting food from them.
You can bring in a bday cake but nothing more.

You could use your room, pool area, 'maybe' the food court.

Someone told me it is possible, but I need to work with Disney's event planning team to organize a catering event. Is it true?
Where specifically are you trying to host the event, how many people and if at a resort will they all be staying at that resort? Logistics matter and will determine if you can "bring your own food".

Disney Events do social events. I've gone to a few of their events and the food is very good.

https://www.disneymeetingsandevents.com/

And a great option would be just work with one of the restaurants at Disney Springs and host there. It would avoid any issues with getting people "in" since it's open to anyone.

Last edited:
I did this for my parents’ 50th anniversary about 10 years ago. There are certain restrictions as to whether you can do a large table at a restaurant based on number of guests -12 is the number that used to oblige you to shift to Disney event planning, and it must be internal unless something has changed. Some of the Disney Springs restaurants have more lax rules. Your best first step is to contact internal events, and I’d also recommend searching the boards for previous threads regarding Springs restaurants.

Also… you probably COULD do something in a villa or hospitality suite as long as you did it during the day. I was staying at BLT in 2020, and there was a legit party across from my room. Like a bunch of 20-somethings, screaming and playing loud music. When I called to complain, they said quiet hours started at 10 or something. I had to go to the front desk and show a video to get security activated. A civilized party during the day, with guest #’s within reason, perhaps wouldn’t create much interest from the CMs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter