secret scrapbooking sister

I would also like to join in the SS club. I have been here a while but I am one of the quiet ones. I would like to get more involved with the events and scrapin fun. If no one is in charge of this and someone is willing to "wlak" me thorough how to set it up I would also organize it. That'd be a quick way to get aquainted with everyone.
Paula

I am interested in participating and possibly hosting or co-hosting.

I think we should do three months and less than $10 for each month. Have sign-ups start on Tuesday the 3rd, have them sign ups run through the 6th, fill out your preference survey by the 8th and receive your name by the 10th. Maybe mail your package out by the 20th of each month. First mail out would be January 20th and last mail out by March 20th.

The preference survey would be created ahead of time so you could complete it as soon as you have signed up.

Or do people think this timeline would be too short.

Paula if you are interested I would be willing to co-host with you, since neither of us have ever hosted before maybe this would be a good idea. I have participated in swaps before just never hosted. Also this way both of us could have a Secret Sister that is truly secret. I am also PMing you.

Becky

Looks like we have a plan to start the SS. Becky and I am willing to co-host it. I think that we should have sign ups for a full week though since some people are still getting back to a "normal life" since the holidays. So how about if sign ups run until Jan. 7th. Once Becky and I confirm this we will ge tthe questionairre out to those of you that have said that you are definatley interested and SS assignments will be assinged on Jan. 8th.
The obligation is that you have to send something each month totaling $10. Remember that this does not limit that you can only send your SS something 1 time a month because you may send more than 1 thing a month. The items DO NOT have to be scrapbook oriented. This will also last for 3 months.
Any other suggestions, please email myself or Becky.

Paula

cannp123165 said:
What type of items are we ment to send?
Thank You
princess:

anyone?? is it "made" items, or supplies?? or Cards etc... please give ideas so I can decide if this is something I can commit to.

Thanks

I'm hoping it can be bought items. I'm OK with making a few things, but I don't think I can make $10 worth in a month for 3 months. Nope, I KNOW I can't do that.... :rotfl:

I think you can make it or buy it. I will be buying most of mine. Not very handy at making things.

Oh this sounds like a wonderful idea, so count me in. I have been keeping a scrapbook for my grandson since he was born. He just turned 2 in October, and I have just planned a trip to DisneyWorld when he turns 4 October 2007. We are staying in the Fort Wilderness Cabins. :earsgirl:

Count me in too! It's been a while since I've joined in a swap and now that life has settled down some, I would love to participate.

Paula and Becky, thanks for hosting!

Lisa

yes i'd love to be in this -- thanks for hosting it!

If we can buy things, I would like to do it too. I've never done a swap before. Where do we go to sign up?

I have started a sign up thread. If you are interested please read through this and then send reanst or paula S. a PM.

As for what to send: You can send scrapbooking items, candy, snacks, for my stocking my buddy included some ornaments, a picture frame, maybe something of their favorite character, basically whatever you would like, the focus is on scrapbboking items but you may include other items as well.

The items can be homemade or they can be storebought it is up to you, personally I think a mix of both might be nice but it is entirely up to you.

If you have any other questions just let either Paula S. or myself know.

Becky

I wanted to add to Becky's post that all people interested must sign up by January 8th. We will assign names by email on January 9th.

Here are a few more things that we are asking to ensure that this is a success:
*Make sure you email your SS by January 14th.(*) This way everyone will
know they have a SS assigned to them.
*Make sure that you post when you have received a package or card so that
your SS knows that you have received it.

(*) I have been told about a way to send emails without coming through your email and I am in the process of finding out how to do that. If anyone already knows please share this so we can send stuff to our SS through emails.

Thanks, Paula

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter