Seaworld: good idea or not?

Gupsmom

<font color=009999>The Tag Fairy works in mysterio
Our kids are 6, 5, and 3. We've all been to Disney a few times. I was thinking of trying Seaorld as something new this trip (July). I'm afraid of spending that much money and the kids being dissapointed with the lack of rides and bored with all the shows...

Any thought??

Jess

When we visited Seaworld, our family was wowed by the whole thing. I can't imagine your kids being bored at the shows--they are awesome!

My favourite memories of 12 yrs visits to Orlando are the two times that my daughters ( 1 time each) "starred" in the whale and dolphin show. I love Disney, but these were something WAY beyond what Disney offer. Your kids are about the right age ( I think they like them 4-5) so if you get to the stadium in plenty of time, look ofr the CMS that have to select the "guest" kid and prime them to ask the CM a few questions you stand a great chance of a VERY special moment.

I think there is more than enough to keep them happy and it is a very different day out to Disney. Kinda stops them from becoming too "parked out" by varying the type of entertainment they receive.

Originally posted by Gupsmom
Our kids are 6, 5, and 3. We've all been to Disney a few times. I was thinking of trying Seaorld as something new this trip (July). I'm afraid of spending that much money and the kids being dissapointed with the lack of rides and bored with all the shows...

Any thought??

Jess

We've been going to Sea world since it opened. Our kids were babies in the 80s when we first got season passes. they loved the park then AND IT WAS SO SMALL COMPARED TO NOW.
The shows are wonderful for kids your kids ages. The playground area will be something they will love, too. And at the waterfront we saw a lot of kids standing by the rocks just to get soaked by the huge wave that comes over them. A lot of little ones were dressed in their swimsuits and wearing water shoes when we were there Sunday. We see mostly smiling, laughing kids every time we are at Sea World. They should love almost everything there. Just imagine their faces when they feed the dolphins and actually get to touch those beautiful creatures.

Bored with the shows? I really doubt it. Clyde and Seymour show makes me laugh every time we see it. Even though it is the same show for the last ????? years, I have never seen it done the same. Something is always different. The show Sunday
started out kind of with a let down with me whispering boy these guys are the worst actors, but then the third actor came out and the show became the funniest we have seen. The animals don't always react or do the same either, so it is always fun to see what each trainer can get them to do.

You should have a great day. Well worth the money spent.

Have to agree SW is well worth the visit and dont forget make time to relax in this park the kids love the play area and for the daddys theres beer school:jester:

We can't go to Orlando without going to Sea World!! It is such an easy pace, plenty of shows, they have a couple of thrill rides, your kids will love it, and you will love a day without all the lines!! It is definately worth it!!

We did two days at SW for the first time in 13 trips to WDW. Our 9 yr old son loved being able to touch the sting rays and dolphins. We saw the Shamu show each day and he sat in the Soak Zone both times. We also did the Dinner with Shamu. Food was nothing to write home about, but the show was neat. Kids food was better than the adults food.

But we have done it now and won't need to go back for a few years.

Agree that Clyde and Seymour was very funny. Saw it once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter