Seating for 2

TDluvsDaisy

DVC Member BCV
I just read the thread on the Palo seating. Are there some tables in the regular dining room for just 2? My DH and I are celebrating our anniversary in 2013. :lovestruc

We never took a honeymoon and are looking forward to our first trip without kids (did I mention it will be our 13th anniversary?). We'd like to be seated just the two of us. I've asked my TA to request it but I'd like to get some idea if it is even possible.

Thanks!

There are no 2-top tables in the main dining rooms. 4 tops are the smallest tables they have.

DCL reserves the right to seat your party with another party to fill a table. They will try to seat you alone if you request it, but there is the possibility they won't be able to, so it can't be guaranteed.

I'm kind of wondering this too....we're going for our honeymoon and I'm a huge people-person/social butterfly, but my soon-to-be hubby is not AT ALL. I'd go so far as to say he doesn't really like other people unless he already knows them :lmao:

All you need to do is to call DCL or your travel agent and request to have a "just us" table. They will give you the speech about how this is just a request and cannot be guaranteed...and then you'll get it.

There are no tables for 2 in the main dining room--you would be seated with the two of you at a 4 top (not a bad thing either...a little extra room.:goodvibes

I'm kind of wondering this too....we're going for our honeymoon and I'm a huge people-person/social butterfly, but my soon-to-be hubby is not AT ALL. I'd go so far as to say he doesn't really like other people unless he already knows them :lmao:

Your Hubby may surprise you. I'm the quiet one in our marriage while my wife is the love to talk one. Yet on a cruise I'm just fine at a large table. Everybody else talks, I nod. ;)

We were just on the Dream - just DH and I, and we were seated at a 6-top with two other couples. We knew ahead of time that we were likely going to have to share a table, but we figured if our tablemates were people we couldn't deal with, that we'd just make arrangements for room service or something.

Turns out our tablemates were GREAT! One couple only showed up once, because they spent the other two dinners in Palo. They were nice enough, but we really enjoyed our time with the other couple that was at every meal. We even spent the last night after dinner with them in Evolutions and teamed up with them on 80s trivia and then danced to the 70s music. :hippie:

We were worried, admittedly, but we had a back-up plan. And we wound up having a much better time with our new friends.

If your tablemates are not great, just talk to the head server. He'll move you to a different location by yourselves. No need to resort to room service to avoid other people!

I'm a serious introvert and thought that having tablemates would be terrible. SO WRONG! Both times we've had table mates we've had a fantastic time with them. It's also great because it gives you someone outside your group to talk to every so often - I didn't realize how nice that was until we experienced it. The cruises where we've been a large enough group to get our own table were actually the least fun ones. You two will have most of the days together so sharing just a bit of the evening with others can actually be a great change of pace.

If you want just 2 at a table, do the late dining. There were a LOT of tables set for 2 (altho these were tables for 4). We were actually seated alone and I had hoped to dine with another couple. So we asked and were moved. There were a LOT of choices but some of those couples had requested alone dining.

So ask and I'll bet you will get it, especially if you do late dining!

All you need to do is to call DCL or your travel agent and request to have a "just us" table. They will give you the speech about how this is just a request and cannot be guaranteed...and then you'll get it.

There are no tables for 2 in the main dining room--you would be seated with the two of you at a 4 top (not a bad thing either...a little extra room.:goodvibes

We always put in the request to be seated alone at a "just us" table. We have never, ever gotten it.

My Dh and I had dinner in Palo on the Dream in Sept last year. We were shown to a lovely Crescent Cove style seat near the window, the seat could accomadate 4 at a squeeze but only the two of us was perfect. We chose a later dining time for you information.
It was lovely and quiet and private.
The meal was stunning and the service wonderful. You will love it as it is an experience not to be missed. :surfweb:

We always put in the request to be seated alone at a "just us" table. We have never, ever gotten it.

Just curious ... Do you usually pick early or late dining? Have you usually sailed on sold out cruises? We've never been denied a table for two in our 6 Disney cruises.

Question: I know you are seated with others at the main dining but if me and hubby decide to go to Palo will we be seated just us two? Debating on Palo for our anniversary.

Just curious ... Do you usually pick early or late dining? Have you usually sailed on sold out cruises? We've never been denied a table for two in our 6 Disney cruises.

We usually get late seating being waitlisted for early. We've also sailed with DCL 6 times so far at different times of the year - can't remember all the dates. But of the last 2, one was at Thanksgiving and the last Dream cruise was in May. Don't know if they were officially sold out or not.

Question: I know you are seated with others at the main dining but if me and hubby decide to go to Palo will we be seated just us two? Debating on Palo for our anniversary.

You will not be seated with anyone else, unless they are included in your reservation.

:cutie:

Step 1--put in request.
Step 2--after boarding, go to "dining changes" to ask whether you got your request. If not, ask if it can be honored at that time. Most of the time, we have gotten what we asked for.

Step 1--put in request.
Step 2--after boarding, go to "dining changes" to ask whether you got your request. If not, ask if it can be honored at that time. Most of the time, we have gotten what we asked for.

where do you go to do this? we are on the fantasy but i would assume that it would be the same place on the dream.
tia

Check the "Welcome Aboard" navigator that you should get at check in. It is usually in one of the night clubs on each of the ships.

Thanks for the advice all. We did get late dining. We look forward to dining alone actually and finding people to chat with during the other times of our cruise. We very rarely get to eat alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter