Seafood Alfredo from Olive Garden

TN Traveler

DIS Veteran
As a special treat I took my 3 girls and 25 yr old step son to Olive Garden yesterday for lunch. My oldest daughter, my son and I had the seafood Alfredo which was absolutely AWESOME! Does anyone have a good recipe for an alfredo sauce like Olive Garden's? I don't think I'd have any problems w/the pasta and seafood part but that that alfredo sauce is to die for!!
Thanks for any input!!
Karen aka TN Traveler

This is from "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes" by Todd Wilbur:

DH used to make this all the time. and it's YUMMY!

Olive Garden's Alfredo Pasta:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 cups heavy cream
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1 12 oz. box fettuccine pasta (or any pasta)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the cream, garlic powder, and pepper and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until thick.
3. At the same time, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a boil and add the pasta.
4. When the Alfredo sauce has reached your desired consistency, stir in the parmesan cheese.
5. When the pasta is cooked, drain. Serve the pasta on plates with Alfredo sauce poured over the top.

Thank you SO much for this recipe. I can't wait to try it! DH doesn't eat pasta so I'll have to find a night when I can serve him leftovers and then the kids and I get this! :banana:

Hey, I noticed in your sigi you've been to Puerto Rico. Is that where you're from or just visited? I LOVE Puerto Rico. DH and I went there in the mid-90s on a trip I won (I'm a travel agent) and toured the entire island. We stayed 3 nights in SJU and then went to the Rainforest, down to Ponce, the Phospherant (sp?) Bay, up to Mayaguez, Crash Boat Beach, Augidilla, the Camuy Caverns and many other places. Was an awesome week. We had so much fun!! We'd go back again in a heart beat!

Thanks again for the reply w/the recipe. I'll let you know when I try it out how it is!

Karen aka TN Traveler

TN Traveler said:
Thank you SO much for this recipe. I can't wait to try it! DH doesn't eat pasta so I'll have to find a night when I can serve him leftovers and then the kids and I get this! :banana:

Hey, I noticed in your sigi you've been to Puerto Rico. Is that where you're from or just visited? I LOVE Puerto Rico. DH and I went there in the mid-90s on a trip I won (I'm a travel agent) and toured the entire island. We stayed 3 nights in SJU and then went to the Rainforest, down to Ponce, the Phospherant (sp?) Bay, up to Mayaguez, Crash Boat Beach, Augidilla, the Camuy Caverns and many other places. Was an awesome week. We had so much fun!! We'd go back again in a heart beat!

Thanks again for the reply w/the recipe. I'll let you know when I try it out how it is!

Karen aka TN Traveler

My family is from there! :) We just recently went for a wedding. Just the beginning of this month, for 10 days. It was sooooooo nice. I've been to El Yunque, Ponce and the Phosphoresent Bay in Cabo Rojo. My family is in the mountains, just southwest of San Juan. So it's not far at all. On this trip, we went to Old San Juan, which I LOVE, and got to see it all decorated for Christmas. It was beautiful! If you want to see some of the pics from my trip:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b350/jedilibrarian/Puerto Rico/

Instead of heavy cream, you could use lowfat evaporated milk. (Evaporated, not the sweetened condensed milk.)

Yea, that'd be a good way to cut back on a lot of the fat grams that are in heavy cream. I guess I'll just have to make it both ways and see which way I like it the best!! :)
Karen

Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart to get the things to make this Seafood Alfredo. I couldn't find Heavy Cream anywhere! Surely it's there but I over looked it? :confused3 I saw Heavy Cream for whipped topping but I know that's not the right thing is it? :confused3 I ended up buying DiGionoro's Alfredo Sauce, the baby shrimp and of course the Fettucine (sp?). I plan to make it tonight for dinner so will let ya'll know how it turns out. If anyone can give me input on the heavy cream, I'd appreciate it. Obviously, I've never made this before!! :rotfl:

Thanks for all your help!!
Karen

:goodvibes
TN Traveler said:
Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart to get the things to make this Seafood Alfredo. I couldn't find Heavy Cream anywhere! Surely it's there but I over looked it? :confused3 I saw Heavy Cream for whipped topping but I know that's not the right thing is it? :confused3
Karen

Yep that is it!

So how did it turn out? :goodvibes

I have used this recipe and it is yummy. Since we are such cheese adicts I used a little more.

TN Traveler said:
Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart to get the things to make this Seafood Alfredo. I couldn't find Heavy Cream anywhere! Surely it's there but I over looked it? :confused3 I saw Heavy Cream for whipped topping but I know that's not the right thing is it? :confused3 I ended up buying DiGionoro's Alfredo Sauce, the baby shrimp and of course the Fettucine (sp?). I plan to make it tonight for dinner so will let ya'll know how it turns out. If anyone can give me input on the heavy cream, I'd appreciate it. Obviously, I've never made this before!! :rotfl:

Karen

I believe heavy cream is usually called whipping cream in the carton.

Unfortunately it wasn't as good as Olive Garden's but I think it's b/c I used the DiGiorno's instead of this recipe. It was a little thin for me and didn't stick to the noodles like OG's did. We like cheese too so I added Parmessean to my noodles while they were still hot. So the heavy whipping cream that is used for whipped topping is the same used in this recipe? I thought they were 2 different things! I'll have to try it again. :cool1:

Karen

Depending on which part of the country you are in, it's called one or the other. Confusing. :rolleyes:

Imzadi said:
Instead of heavy cream, you could use lowfat evaporated milk. (Evaporated, not the sweetened condensed milk.)

I never use heavy cream in recipes that call for it. :blush: But I've never thought to do this! Thanks!! :teeth: I usually just use my usual 2% and add a bit of Wondra to thicken it when making sauces & such. My diet can adjust better to the little extra carb moreso than all that extra fat. :rolleyes: (I still use the old ADA diet rather than the carb counting....I just find it easier after all these years.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter