Seabands????

The joke in my family is that I get seasick in the bathtub. :rotfl2: Thankfully, only one of my kids inherited this. We just got home from a not so smooth Magic cruise. I always wear 1/2 a patch (a full one makes me loopy) and I gave my DS9 a 1/4 of a patch. I let his wear off and he was fine. On the roughest day I wore sea bands. They were great. My only issue with them is that they drive me crazy when they are wet. So, I bring 2 pairs and that way, I can have a dry one ready to go. Hope this helps!
:sail:

Regular seabands are made of terry cloth and would get soggy and uncomfortable when wet. But there are plastic ones (that are more fun to look at too) available on Amazon. They are called Psi bands (http://www.amazon.com/TravelSmith-P...?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1267487831&sr=8-11).

I bought a pair of these to go with my old faithful seabands.

Perhaps the pharmacist can answer this one...any issues with taking bonine before bed and having a few drinks the next day? That's half the fun of the cruise...sucking down fruity drinks in the sunshine! TIA!

When I asked my doctor about the patch, he said I might get dry mouth. But if it happened, to have a cocktail. So I asked if it was okay to drink on the patch and bonine, and he said yes.

Seabands saved my life on our cruise! I took them once I started to feel bad and almost immediately I felt fine and I was feeling pretty bad...dizzy and nauseated. My girls never felt bad but my son did...he slept it off, but I should have, in hindsight, put some on him, too.

Perhaps the pharmacist can answer this one...any issues with taking bonine before bed and having a few drinks the next day? That's half the fun of the cruise...sucking down fruity drinks in the sunshine! TIA!

Mixing meclizine (bonine) with alcohol can intensify the effects of both...making you sleepier. If you're going to drink alcohol anyway, just go slow and try it at home first. And if you plan to drink much, maybe try the SeaBands.
And I ought to add...always best to ask your doctor.

We're just off the Wonder 2/21-25, our first cruise. DS9 tends to get very motion sick in the car, and get nauseous when nervous/anxious so this was a concern for me. Neither of my kids were willing to wear the SeaBands--found them tight and uncomfortable (they were wearing the adult ones, as the pharmacy didn't have the kids' ones--not sure if that was why they felt tight??). DS used Dramamine twice a day (it doesn't make him sleepy at all, if you can believe that!), DD and I used Bonine at night, starting the day before the cruise. I never felt nauseous, but did have this weird feeling in my head, usually only when in the theater (all the way forward) while we were crossing from US to Bahamian waters, or vice versa. I continued the Bonine for 2 days after we got off, until I got my 'land legs' again--kids only took their meds for 1 day after and then said they were fine.

Our true godsend though, was :worship: a pack of Ginger Gum, also made by the SeaBands company. We bought it at Walgreen's, it was right next to the SeaBands bracelets. If DS started to feel a little queasy, he just popped a piece in, and was instantly better. The first few bites are kind of spicy, so he liked to have some water handy, but after that he was great. It even helped when the toddler sitting 1 seat over from him in the theater threw up :scared1:--he just stuck the gum under his nose so he couldn't smell the ick. We'll never travel without Ginger gum again :thumbsup2

Can my DS age 8 on ADD meds and myself on Cymbalta take Bonine?

Not to discourage you, but this question needs to be asked of your child's doctor, not here. He or she is the only one who knows your son's medical history and the true drug interaction.

Can my DS age 8 on ADD meds and myself on Cymbalta take Bonine?

Sorry, but especially with prescription drugs involved you really need to ask your doctor. Even with the question about mixing Bonine with alcohol, it's ALWAYS best to ask the doctor who knows your health history.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts