Sea World.. One Day... but Staying at Disney

yaddakal

DIS Veteran
Is it feasable to be at SeaWorld All day but back to Disney for a late dinner meal?
We have two adults and a 7 and 9 year old.
We would be on the Disney Dining Plan...
Thanks

Trying to figure it all out:)

When are you going?

We were just there in November and the park closed at 6. So yes, definitely do-able - I would just plan for a later dinner if you are staying until close.

It kinda depends when you go,There's times in the year Sea World is closing at 7pm and there's times like during the Holidays that the park closes at 11pm with fireworks at 10:55pm at closing and other shows like the ice skating show also later at night.When are you going,what are your plans when you go,in my opinion the park requires 10+ hours to tour so if you get there near opening and leave at 7-8pm you'll see most of the parks attractions and get back to Disney by 9pm.If you're going during the Holidays you'll need to stay later into the night to see all the Holiday attractions.

We are going May 5-9.... Really focusing on animals and shows. Not thinking of doing any big meals there or rides. Can't wait to see animals! My kids have never been! Now rent s car or bus is next decision.

We spend all day at SW and do the all day dining plan. We are planning a xmas 2013 trip staying at the fort and getting DxDP we are going to use the extra credits from our DP to do some 2 credit meals. I know in May the park closes early so yeah you could totally do a late dinner at Disney afterwards. I would rent a car or take a taxi.

Even if you're not doing the rides you'll need a full day as showtimes are scattered throughout the day along with seeing the animal exhibits and eating will take up most of the day.The park shows to be closing at 7pm those days leaving you plenty of time to get back to Disney between 8-9pm if you need to stay at Sea World until closing which might not be needed in your case.

We spend all day at SW and do the all day dining plan. We are planning a xmas 2013 trip staying at the fort and getting DxDP we are going to use the extra credits from our DP to do some 2 credit meals. I know in May the park closes early so yeah you could totally do a late dinner at Disney afterwards. I would rent a car or take a taxi.

The all day dining deal at Sea World is a great deal,especially if you're going to be at the parks all day but if they plan to head back to Disney for a late dinner I would skip it or eating will be the last thing on their mind after leaving Sea World.

We are going May 5-9.... Really focusing on animals and shows. Not thinking of doing any big meals there or rides. Can't wait to see animals! My kids have never been! Now rent s car or bus is next decision.

We were there in February when the park closed at 6pm. We didn't do any rides, just did the main shows and saw all of the exhibits. We left Sea World at about 6:30pm, took a taxi and headed back to our resort to get changed and drop our bags off. We headed to DTD using the bus and we were there by 8pm. We didn't make a reservation, we just found a place when we arrived.

We usually always eat at Disney late night when we do SW. It all depends on what SW's hours are when you go. Usually if they close at 7 pm, you should try to give yourself 1 hr or more to get out to the taxis (assuming this is your means of transportation) and back to the resort. If you are on the furthest WDW resorts (ie AKL), you might want to give yourself a little extra time.

We will also schedule a meal at DTD the night we go to SW. DTD is the closest point to SW, and it will also keep your taxi fare to a minimum. From DTD, you can always take Disney Transportation back to your resort. For conversations sake, you might want to try a 8:30 reservation if SW closes at 7. It sounds like a lot of time, but we've cut it too close too many times, even though SW is a half hour drive.

If you drive yourselves, the schedule is really up to you.

It is doable but I prefer to just enjoy the whole day at SW without worrying to get back to WDW for a meal. We are going to be staying at WDW and on the dining plan when we go this time too. We also will be doing a day at SW while there. What I am planning to do is do a 2 TS meal one day so that opens up one day with no WDW dining reservations to worry about and we will probably make a dinner reservation at SW that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter