Sea World in January

tstidm1

DIS Veteran
Thinking about doing a Universal Studios/Sea World trip in January. I have some questions about Sea World. How much of the park is Roller coasters? I know Universal has a good amount of them and I'm not a big Roller coaster fan (except for the Mummy must be the dark ride feel). How crowded is Sea World on a MLK Day weekend? Is it busier than other times in January or closer to July? Ready to do a non-Disney Trip, but want to get good value out of the parks I choose.

Sea World has two great coasters, Kracken and Manta - thoroughly enjoyed them both! Not sure about MLK weekend though

If you're not into roller-coasters, there's still A LOT to do at Sea World. There's a ton of great shows (Blue Horizons, One Ocean, A'Lure, Clyde and Seamore and Pets Ahoy), animal feedings (we loved the dolphin feeding), and aquariums to walk through. There's also non-rollercoaster rides - Turtle Trek and Wild Arctic. We really love Sea World, with or without going on roller-coasters. We got to see trainers interacting with the beluga whales last time, which was awesome. I think you'll have a great time! :)

Thinking about doing a Universal Studios/Sea World trip in January. I have some questions about Sea World. How much of the park is Roller coasters? I know Universal has a good amount of them and I'm not a big Roller coaster fan (except for the Mummy must be the dark ride feel). How crowded is Sea World on a MLK Day weekend? Is it busier than other times in January or closer to July? Ready to do a non-Disney Trip, but want to get good value out of the parks I choose.

January is a super slow month. Even on MLK weekend. Seaworld will always be less crowded than Universal/IOA or Disney.

One of the reasons our family loves SeaWorld so much is that there is something for everyone at that park. I am not a coaster lover (or a ride lover in general) so often feel like my boys get more out of a theme park than I do. But at SW, we *all* get attractions we love and have equally as good a time.

The shows are fantastic and its well worth seeing them all. The exhibits are excellently done, the park itself is beautiful, you can feed all the different sea animals, the coasters are top-notch (DH and DS have declared Manta to be their favourite coaster ever, and we have been to alot of theme parks!!) , and the food at the park is great. I think you will love it!

If you're not into roller-coasters, there's still A LOT to do at Sea World. There's a ton of great shows (Blue Horizons, One Ocean, A'Lure, Clyde and Seamore and Pets Ahoy), animal feedings (we loved the dolphin feeding), and aquariums to walk through. There's also non-rollercoaster rides - Turtle Trek and Wild Arctic. We really love Sea World, with or without going on roller-coasters. We got to see trainers interacting with the beluga whales last time, which was awesome. I think you'll have a great time! :)

The information is great....do you happen to know how old you must be to feed the dolphins? My five year old would get a kick out of it!
C

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter