Sea World-coasters order

gumbypee

DIS Veteran
I have not been to Sea World in years and years!

I am planning either this Saturday or Sunday.

1) Is one day better?

2) I’m going to rope drop so which coasters should I hit first to maximize low wait times? What order?

Thanks peeps

Manta first - it usually loads slowest, it's right in the front so lines build quickest, and it's on the way to everything else.

Rides at the back of the park might not open until a little while after opening. No point to rush back to a ride that might not be open yet.

Generally Sat is the busiest day of the week for pretty much everything.

You should have a slow-crowd weekend - have fun!

Manta- Mako- Penguins- Kraken- Icebreaker has worked for us. On some busy days we'll skip the penguin exhibit.
Lunch or dinner at Sharks unless eating festival food.
Shows after rides.
We're platinum passholders so seating for shows is rarely an issue.
Pipeline opens soon and we're going then. We went earlier in the year a few times and early arrival is key to avoiding long lines.

Thankful for this thread, because we were considering 1 day at SW in June, but the main reason I wanted to go was to ride Mako. Had no idea it was under refurb. so glad to have read this thread. Maybe it'll be up and going before our trip, but we'll plan accordingly if not. Glad to read best order of coasters, as those are the main focus. Thanks for the insights!

but the main reason I wanted to go was to ride Mako. Had no idea it was under refurb. so glad to have read this thread.
Rather annoying the SW site doesn’t list time frames for rehabs. appears they do respond to inquiries on FB

Trying to get a better idea of the timeframes for the staggered openings. What all opens with the park? and then about how long does it take Mako to open after that? If the weather is not terrible, (which it might be looking at the forecast....) we hope to be there this Saturday, hope to do rope drop, and trying to make a plan.
I have been tracking some wait times on Thrill data, to give us an idea of things. Seems Manta keeps a long wait for a while. that's the coaster DS loved the most, so it's a must do for him. One day, I didn't see Pipeline post a wait time for a long while, so not sure if it was delayed. Trying to get used to the Seaworld app for wait times. etc.
Thanks for any info.

I haven't been able to figure out a pattern but mostly seems the front coasters open sooner. Pipeline will likely cause some changes as well. We'll be there again next weekend.

We did SeaWorld this past Saturday. Did not make rope drop like planned, but still started with Manta about 9:25.
Mako opened, and wait was 5-10 mins. . At this point , about 10:30, neither Ice breaker nor pipeline were open. There were clouds in the area, not sure if weather delayed . Did Shark Encounter, DD rode Infinity falls twice no wait, while DH and DS did Mako again. walked through Sesame Street (boy was that a blast from the past. I’m a 70s kid, and I may have shed a tear or two at Mr Hoopers store….)then finally ice breaker was open. Little wait. and pipeline still not showing open. Did another aquarium, then finally on the way out if the park. We saw Pipeline running. Wait showed 30 mins. Changed to 40 as we passed. Everyone was kinda hangry , so we left. Missed riding Pipeline.
Long story short, Pipeline was down the whole morning we were there, and Ice breaker a long time, so that changed our plans somewhat .
But we still had a great day at Sea World. Lots of fun coasters and experiences. Thanks for all the info here in the threads!

Last edited:
Rides at the back of the park might not open until a little while after opening. No point to rush back to a ride that might not be open yet.
thanks for this. starting from the back is our go-to plan for most parks. Guess we’ll head left instead lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter