• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

sea lion age/height restrictions (@dolphinencounters)

carmiedog

needs more kool-aid
My understanding is that you can now only book Dolphin Encounters excursions directly through DCL.

DCL lists the age requirement for the sea lion encounter as 8 years minimum.

The Dolphin Encounters website lists it as 8 years minimum OR 48 inches tall.

My daughter will only be 7 1/2 a the time of cruising, but I *think* (hope!) she will meet the height requirement. Will DCL allow me to book her or do they adhere strictly to the age limit only?

Our other options are to choose a different encounter or do the sea lion encounter at Atlantis on our own.

They are really strict about the height requirement. My 8 year old was 1 inch too short and they wouldn't let her participate. They happily gave a refund,but I was sad for her as she had to watch her sister and I have fun she couldn't have. Of course in her usual dramatic fashion, she deemed it "the worst day of my life!" :rotfl:

When I asked the trainer why they are so strict about it she told me the sea lions are more likely to push you over than the dolphins. They are quite big and you need to be high enough above the waterline just in case. It made sense to me, even though we were disappointed.

OP---I have the same question too. My son is 6 but is very tall for his age...49 inches now and our cruise is in April. We are planning on doing the Sea Lion excursion. My feelings are that Dolphin Encounters is the place actually in charge of the excursion and DCL is merely an agent in getting its passengers there. Maybe you could contact Dolphin Encounters and DCL and see what their policies are when there is a discrepancy. Please post if you get an answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter