screenhouse/shelter and food storage (cold) for 16 days...

Sheepdog23

Mouseketeer
Hi!

I was wondering what you all use for a screenhouse or shelter when you tent camp? We are flying in so hopefully something that can be trashed when we are done or light enough to fly home with but we are open to all options.

We are also needing to do something about cold food storage. I was thinking of buying a cooler for the time but realized I could also get a dorm fridge for the same price and then i do not need ice. What do you guys use/recommend? I just remember losing several coolers at the campground to the squirrels when I was younger because they ate through the plastic.

thanks in advance!

What are you accommodations? Tent, Cabin, TT? Renting, buying upon arrival, shipping down?

We bought a screen room from academy a few years ago. It rolls/packs up much smaller than the old ones do. Its only about 6" in diameter and about 18" long all packed up. Expands to 13' x 13', plenty yo cover the picnic table. We have also used a dorm fridge for our food. No ice and nothing gets soggy. We did still use a cooler just for drinks (cans/bottles). You can get alot of food in the little fridge but when you start packing in drinks they take up a lot of space.

Thanks jwo1976. That sounds exactly like what I am looking for. We have a great lightweight tent and would like to also have a screenhouse to travel with, especially here in Scandinavia where we are currently living because the mosquitoes up north can be as large as birds! Just kidding, there are just tons of them. Do you put your fridge on anything?

We just keep the fridge under a rain fly or something to keep it out of the weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter