Scrapbooking Group ~ Update

Janice

Super Shopper
Well - I think I am truly hooked with this new hobbie!!! I love it. :D

I have completed 8 pages and have really enjoyed doing them, I didnt realise how much fun it would be or that I would get so much out of it.

I am quickly realising how small my supplies of materials is - off to Artbase again today with a list as long as your arm! LOL

What type of adhesives/glue do you all use - I have two types, both Herma. One is small squares of double sided tape that are on a roll in a hand held machine, the other is a smaller version with little dots of glue that rub off. This is handy for just holding things in place whilst you check out your layout etc.

Is there any other type of should have?? Is there a better option??

I like the Hermie Dots (the temporary adhesive) - and I don't replace it when I've decided it's right - it gets more permanent over time.

I've just bought the other hermie thing (the squares) but I'm not that impressed, I don't think I will buy another. I don't like the fact that the white squares are visible if you miss (and I frequently miss!)

the only other thing I use is a glue pen for paper-piecings (not that I do that many) - i use a zig one, it looks like a felt tip but dispenses glue.

the only other thing I use, which I think is unique to me, is an acid-free glue stick - I find it is quite good for vellum, it's not very noticable compared to other things, and it's also good for tiny bits of paper, I just slide them across the top of the glue stick and they don't get too much glue on them. I don't know anyone else that likes them though!

also very popular is the Xyron machine, which is a machine that you slide things through and it makes them sticky - I have a tiny one that was about £6, I can't say I like it much but a lot of people rave about them.

Have fun at Artbase - I am very jealous!

Bev

Hi Janice!!

I use both herma types, and unlike Bev love the permanent squares (much better than CM ones where the little blue backing squares end up everywhere!!) If positioning is crucial I just place by hand, so to speak!!

I use a Sailor glue pen a lot too, for all the fiddly jobs like paper piecing and letters. I have a can of 3M Spraymount( that I already had) that is acid free and is great for vellum.

HTH!!

Hi Janice , I'm hooked as well :D :D
I've now completed 8 layouts, some singles, some doubles and can't stop telling everyone about my new hobby. I'm becoming a scrapbooking bore:rolleyes:
I've got both the herma dots and the stickers but much prefer using the blue dots to the white stickies as like Bev I normally miss and have to cut bits off! I've also got a glue pen, it's a sailor one which I like to glue letters and other small fiddly bits.
I envy you being so close to Artbase and just being able to pop in, although I'd probably not be able to resist popping in everyday.:D
I've really enjoyed seeing your layouts on UKscrappers and look forward to seeing even more.
Any chance of giving me the addresses of the scrapbook shops in and around Orlando, I have a map so I should be able to find them on it. Thanks

I mostly use the little hermi squares. I can't aim them so I put them on by hand. I've also just aquired the xyron that was on qvc. I wanted it for vellum but if I'm going to use a letter template, I run the card/paper through the xyron first and then mark the letters and cut them out. All you have to do then is peel off the backing and stick them down. So much easier.
Might get me a glue pen next....

Hi

Your layouts are fantastic, I have only done one :D I have asked for lots of stuff from Artbase for my birthday on Sunday. I also purchased a xyron on QVC, its great.

Kaylee

Thanks for your nice comments about my layouts - I am really pleased with them and bought myself a nice Tapestry Dalee binder today .............. £35.00 {gulp}! But it is superb and they look fantastic in it.

Wanna know what else I bought? Okay then~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went mad....

2 Refills for my Hermi Glue Dots
1 Mini Glue Dots
1 Xyron Quick Sticker
1 box 8mm Paper Fasteners
1 Zig 2 Way Glue Pen
1 Pot of Red Eyelets
1 Pot of Gold Eyelets
1 Pot of Yellow Eyelets
1 Heart Craft Punch
1 Vinca Craft Punch
3 different Jolee Sticker Collages
2 Bitty Scrap Pads
4 different Sticker Borders/Edges
1 Coluzzle Cutting Mat
1 Pack Memories Forever 10 Assorted Templates
3 Packs Various colours Card Stock (16 sheets in a pack)
8 Sheets Patterned Paper
1 Pack 10 Inserts for Binder
1 Binder

:D :D :D :D

Swiftly disposed of the bill :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sounds like a good days shopping :D those Dalee albums are lovely.

just one thought - did you buy an eyelet tool to set the eyelets with?

and the coluzzle mat is not really a good one to use for general cutting - it's really only for using with the templates - it splits if you do lots of deep straight cuts on it. (voice of experience speaking here)

everything else sounds great - the mini xyron is fun, and the Jolee stickers are beautiful.

I bet that was a heck of a bill!

Bev

LOL - yes Bev I already have the eyelet tools - I got them from Mark and Shimelle last Saturday! This is costing me a fortune.

The mat I got for preciesely that - cutting with the templates. I have a self heal mat from a while ago and although it is good it is Long in shape and not always practical. I have to keep moving it round - so I bought a coluzzle mat (only £1.05 ??? - seemed really cheap to me) with templates in mind.

<i>£125.00 </i>

gulp!

LOL Janice, the bill is written in very small numbers!! but I can still read it!!

I wish Artbase was nearer, in fact I'll just have to order something now!!

Thanks for the Xyron tip Carole, I have the mini Xyron and have problems getting "gluey" bits on the little cut out bits of letters etc, never thought to stick first then cut, genius!!:bounce:

I forgot to say - I met Caroline, Margaret and saw Emma again. What lovely people. Caroline is so sweet, and was so interesting to talk to. She had the flowers on display that the group sent, and lots of congratulation cards everywhere - there was a definite buzz in the shop :)

The eyelets I bought from Artbase were £1.89 for 50 - last week I paid 50p for 10 from Mark & Shimelle. Just thought I would let you know.

I now wish I had gone the extra mile and bought some chalks, but will get them at the next crop maybe :)

that is a great tip carole, I also noticed at the crop that people were rubbing all over the top layer before peeling it back to get all the glue transferred.

LOL Janice, you can write it small but it's still a big number! However, look at is this way - you will have nearly filled up one of those savings cards soon so you can get some stuff for free!

I wouldn' t like to tot up how much I've spent in the past year -but it would be a figure with 4 numbers in it I think :eek:

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter