Scrapbooking addicts?

MagicalMomAZ

DIS Veteran
Hello to those who have the scrapping bug....I do not have it & I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that I'm too busy & it costs a good amount per page ... or maybe I'm just lazy?
Anyways, it's my mom, she has the bug. She sees a page & THEN gets the pics to support her habit. ;)

Here's the question...don't laugh...HOW do you remember what you ate, what happened, where you were when it comes to documenting it through a scrapbook? My mom is gonna ask, but I don't think I'll remember! :bitelip:

At the end of each day, I write down what we did, where we ate, any funny thing that was said etc. It helps to write it down daily while on vacation than trying to remember everything afterward. Hope that helps out. :)

I agree that you should check out the scrapin' board. I totally have the bug! To answer your question, if I can't remember by the time I get home, it's not worth documenting. If it's really that important that you have every single detail, write it on a napkin or a journal or something. I think that if it's special enough to make a page about, then you will remember. It's 5 months since my last trip and I could still tell you everything I ate and the order in which we rode rides! That's just who I am though, I rarely forget things! ;)

I have a Passporter and I log everything during the day. Then at night DH and I write in a journal as much as we can remember about the day. Then as I scrapbook each day, I pull out the Passporter and the journal to accurately get all the information on the pages.

MagicalMomAZ said:
Hello to those who have the scrapping bug....I do not have it & I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that I'm too busy & it costs a good amount per page ... or maybe I'm just lazy?
Anyways, it's my mom, she has the bug. She sees a page & THEN gets the pics to support her habit. ;)

Here's the question...don't laugh...HOW do you remember what you ate, what happened, where you were when it comes to documenting it through a scrapbook? My mom is gonna ask, but I don't think I'll remember! :bitelip:

Here's what I do and it helps a lot because my memory is failing me as I get older, LOL:

1. I bring a small notebook and jot notes down at the end of the day. (Passporter works too but I need more room, LOL) Even if it's just a list of things or a keyword I know it will jog my memory later. Also, write down what everyone was wearing on a particular day so you can match the date to your photos.

2. Take pictures of everything - restaurant signs, meals, ride signs, rides, use the Kodak picture spots, the CM's you pin trade with (if you do that), CM's you strike up a conversation with, things at your resort (including the transportation) and anything else you can think of.

3. My kids are 10 and 5 and I ask them to list their favorite things about the day and add that to my notes. Makes it more personalized when I can add a quote to my page later.

4. Ask your mom what she'd like to include in the pages (a photo from a certain location, with a character, etc.)

Have fun! I LOVE re-living my trips while scrapbooking them later on (I'm scrapping our Oct 05 trip right now and counting the days - 34 - til our next trip!!!)

I have to admit I am not into scrapbooking (at least at this point!). However, I would suggest getting a small hold-in-your hand tape recorder (like doctors dictate into). When you eat, go on a ride, meet a character, etc. then just make a verbal notation of what it is you are doing and you might even say at the end of the notation-"picture 1" and then take a picture! :::smiling:::: That way you would have your pictures matched up with your entries. Oh, and you could also record what your family is saying...like ask them how they liked Talking With Crush or the Dumbo ride. That way you would have a direct quote. You might even tape some conversations just as they happen without asking them a question. I saw some great scrapbooking stuff in some of the Disney stores. Good luck!

In the past we've used the Passporter to record our days events and then journaled at the end of each day to remember special things.

This year I'm creating my own book to record the daily events and include a journaling page. This way I can include it easily into my scrapbook.

I got some great page ideas from mousesavers.com, that helped me format my book.

I'm also creating a separate one for DD15 so that she can have her own to include in her scrapbook.

I do like the idea of the tape recorder as well for any unexpected vocals that you might want to keep...that has me thinking :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter