Scooter Rental

dominiondad

Mouseketeer
I need to rent a scooter for a family member who will be joining us for a few days in the middle of our trip. We have rented a home near Disney via VRBO where we are staying. I see a few scooters out there that we can get in and out of our car, the issue is delivery and pickup. All of the companies seem to require us to be home, but only deliver during park hours. I really don't want to have to stay back at the house while my family tours the parks to accept delivery. Does anybody know of a company that will drop it off at the house while we are at the parks or at least offer an early or late time slot?

Ideally, I would rent straight from WDW but it appears I can't make a reservations and the scooters are limited. That's not a very practical gamble.

Many of the vendors have locations where you can pick up and drop off. Companies won't just drop off. They deliver personally to the guest or drop off to someone such as bell services.

Gold delivers between 7a and 7p.

Last edited:
There are a sea of scooter rental companies out there. We found the most reliable and flexible scooter rental is provided by Gold Mobility Scooters. They offer residential delivery, and early and late drop off. The one time we needed to leave at 6:00AM they allowed us to leave the scooter on the front porch for pickup.

Thanks. I looked at the Gold rentals. The timing is a bit better, but the battery life is an issue. They state the scooter will last approximately 4 hours, then need 8 hours to recharge. We plan to spend up to 8 hours in the park which would mean we would need to keep the scooter parked for half our day.

I looked at some other shops to see if I could just do the pickup, but many have hours like 9-4 or 10-4. That would mean missing a decent chunk of the day in the park.

The last time I rented with Gold Mobility, I had a bit of a problem at pick up. I'd arranged for pick up at 9:00am. We were at OKW, and they said they'd pick up at the check in area. Since we were at South Point, we were hoping for someplace closer, but that's OK. Then the night before they called to verify, and said they had to pick up at 8:30 instead of 9:00. And at 8:15, they texted to say they were already there waiting for me! The change from 9:00 to 8:15 didn't thrill me. However, that's one little change in about 5 excellent trips with Gold Mobility, so I'd still highly recommend them. Besides, who knows-perhaps someone else had a much bigger problem that morning! Emergencies do happen.

Your best answer may be to get the scooter yourself from an outside vendor the night before the family member arrives. Then, you can pick your own time to get it within their hours of being open. You stated you will be there ahead of this family member. You will probably have to pay for an extra day scooter rental.

Check the hours of the mobility store and coordinate what might be the best time for you to pick the scooter up the night before.

You will have to do the same dropping the scooter off.

Thanks. I looked at the Gold rentals. The timing is a bit better, but the battery life is an issue. They state the scooter will last approximately 4 hours, then need 8 hours to recharge. We plan to spend up to 8 hours in the park which would mean we would need to keep the scooter parked for half our day.

I looked at some other shops to see if I could just do the pickup, but many have hours like 9-4 or 10-4. That would mean missing a decent chunk of the day in the park.
Thats 4 hours total. You'll turn off your scooter when your having a meal, seeing a show.

The battery life should be OK long as the total weight on the rider, clothing and stuff in the basket is around 200 lbs, or less. Scooter mfg rates it for more but your battery life takes a hit

Last edited:

I've rented portable scooters (not from Gold but the same type) and their running time also depends on the person's weight. If your family member is larger (say 200lbs+) the battery life could be a bigger issue than someone who weighs less. Maybe someone who has rented the portable more recently from Gold (or elsewhere) will give an example. I was under 200lbs and still had to charge it by dinner time. I also walked sometimes and left it parked. I'm not sure other companies who have the same scooter actually get any better better life - Gold may just be more realistic so as to temper expectations.

If the person would likely be in the scooter all day (not walking much), it likely will need a charge no matter what company. This is one reason I end up staying on property now - I can just take the Disney bus and rent the regular scooter. The portability is great but it's a trade off with battery life.

Gold uses upgraded batteries and replaces scooters every 9 months or so. Their battery life is generally the best.

A little under 200 lbs, scooter was good for the day.

Where you use it matters. AK is tough on batteries. Same with area around EPCOT resorts.

Edited to add the Victory scooter most guests use can be transported. I posted the video in pp. Most people will do better with a helper. SUV works better then a trunk

Last edited:
The Victory scooter can be dissasembled and transported. The pieces are bigger and heavier. The gogo is a better choice if weight isn't much more then 200 lbs

This is the video was so helpful it taught us how to remove the gear box. It made the scooter so much lighter to handle. I found a whole bunch of helpful videos on the Gold Mobility website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter