Sci Fi Dine In- Yay or Nay?

There are many different reviews on this place but I love it. We go for 10-12 days each trip and the girls decide where we are going to eat with one exception. Since I am the poor yahoo paying for the trip I insist on one meal there. The oldest hates being anywhere near fireworks so that is not an issue for us.

Been to the Sci-Fi every visit...for lunch! For lunch it's a great place and fun to see the old drive-in style and nostalgia of the campy trailers.

We have enjoyed many meals at Sci-Fi. Our kids (even though they are older now) still really enjoy it there. The atmosphere is fun and unique. It may be tough with 3 though and one person would get a car row to themselves. You could ask to sit at the tables in the back when you check in. I would try for a different time if the fireworks are important to you. Lunch is a great option there.

Hi! For years we have wanted to try Sci Fi Dine In and have not been able to get a reservation. This year, we were able to get an 8:55 pm reservation for three adults. I was told that since we are three, we will be sitting in an awkward way and also that the place is very dark and loud. We also will be missing the fireworks. Is it worth it to go to Sci Fi Dine In? Or would you suggest not to try it out? I’m open to any advice and insight. Thank you!

I feel like most years my family does walk up at lunch with no issues at all (May time frame). I live SciFi, I would not go for dinner.

I have eaten there twice, both times a long time ago. The movies can be a bit annoying but the theming is really cool. It’s worth it to do at least once and it is uniquely Disney. The food is pretty good too as I recall. I think my kids will enjoy the shakes and burgers. My vegetarian daughter has a few options too. I wasn’t planning to eat there during our upcoming trip so didn’t get an ADR there but suddenly I decided I wanted to try it again now that the kids are bigger. It just is so Disney and since we haven’t eaten there in about 6 years, it’s time to go back! Prior trips, the kids were small, now the youngest will be 9 and the other two teenagers. Keep trying for an earlier ADR time... I first saw a 2:30 for my party of 4 and that’s too late. I kept checking and found an 11:40. I am hoping for something closer to 12:30 do I am checking a few times a day to modify, but times do open up. Keep checking.

We liked it last year. However, the biggest reason my husband and I liked it is what makes it a bad choice for 3 adults. The car set up made it the closest thing we had to alone time during our trip. Kids were in front of us facing screen and we couldn't talk to them. They had their table we had ours. Don't think this would be at all fun for the person who ends up sitting alone.

We totally enjoy Sci_Fi, unique restaurant, it's no different then most of WDW restaurants, where sometimes the food is very good and sometimes it's just okay. I can say we never had a bad meal there.

Hi! For years we have wanted to try Sci Fi Dine In and have not been able to get a reservation. This year, we were able to get an 8:55 pm reservation for three adults. I was told that since we are three, we will be sitting in an awkward way and also that the place is very dark and loud. We also will be missing the fireworks. Is it worth it to go to Sci Fi Dine In? Or would you suggest not to try it out? I’m open to any advice and insight. Thank you!
We love the Sci Fi for a quiet and relaxing lunch break from the heat of the day. It was always a must do for us for lunch. We always got burgers and shakes. The shakes are still delicious, but they changed the burgers to thicker seasoned ones that we are no longer fans of. Due to this, the Sci Fi is no longer a must do on our trips, but we do plan on going back. It's a uniquely themed restaurant that I would recommend trying at least once. It's definitely dark, but I wouldn't say loud. Sitting three in the car might be awkward if you're looking to have a conversation during the meal. I would check out the menu, see if there's something everyone would want, and try it out if you can get an earlier time. I would go elsewhere if 9pm was the only option. Good luck with your decision!

I used to love it, purely for the atmosphere because B movies are my thing, but we had an experience there 5 years ago that was SO BAD that I wrote a whole thread about it that got kind of heated. I don't think we can ever go back.

We are a party of 3 and have no issue with 2 and 1 in rows. I typically am the 1 and enjoy the break as well from heat and sun. We get hamburgers and shakes which we have enjoyed. Keep checking for earlier time and if not I would do what the others wrote about walking up early. I've gone and checked in early before and got seated early.

My kids literally begged me to make an ADR at SciFi for our upcoming trip after we ate there a couple of years ago. They didn’t care about any other restaurant we have visited in the past. They are picky eaters, too, so that’s a huge vote of confidence!

It is a must do for us every year. We enjoy the cool, dark, quiet and use it like a break. The food isn't anything special, but its not terrible either. HS doesn't have much in the dining options so it is fine for us. I wouldn't want to do it so late though! I don't want to eat dinner at 9! Keep looking for an earlier reservation! We just let go of an 11:40, and a 4pm the other day (modifiying times for our fp schedule) so things keep popping up. When I released, they didn't have what I needed, so I used touring plans reservation finder. Took 2 days and got exactly what I wanted!

I've you've never been...go for the atmosphere. The burgers and shakes aren't bad, but we have found the rest of the menu to be disappointing from a quality standpoint. Still, it's a fun environment and worth trying at least once.

We went earlier this week and enjoyed it. Food was good. It’s not the best food I have ever had but it’s on par with Red Robin or another chain restaurant with more limited options (basically burgers) we had 3, got seated in a car with DD and I in the front, DH in the middle and another couple in the last seat. There is not a lot of interaction with your dining party but we were pretty much eating and watching the clips. I enjoyed it. One note though I am bigger and felt a bit squished, but it’s comparable to many restaurant booths. I would go again. As far as the time, we ended up shifting some plans to change our park days around about 2 weeks out so I had to change our reservation. I was able to fits new one at less than ideal time. I just kept checking for An earlier time which I eventually found.

We love Sci Fi. It’s one we try to get an adr for every trip. I have never felt awkward with my family of 3 in the car as the seat benches aren’t that far apart. It’s nice to sit and unwind to the old sci Fi movies and we always have a good laugh at the cheesiness of them. The food is good, no complaints there. It’s dark, it’s a drive in movie setting, and it uniquely Disney themeing! Our last trip, we had a late night dinner adr, and actually loved it! When we left, the park was closed, so it was really empty! Great photo ops!

We haven't been there in years but will be going back this December, my youngest son wants to try it so we will give it another shot

For what it's worth...

For our most-recent trip to Disney, we went to Hollywood Studios on arrival day (5AM flight into Orlando from Newark). We had a 7:30PM ADR for Sci-Fi. We were in the park by 12PM, and by 6PM, we were exhausted and didn't feel like waiting until 7:30PM to eat. We walked into the restaurant around 6PM and asked if they could seat us early. They didn't even hesitate... within 5 minutes they had our menus ready and the hostess walked us to our booth. The atmosphere in this place is incredible, and our burgers were delicious. The waiter gave us a free milkshake after we told him that we were awake since 2AM.

You could try to have them seat you early.. it's worth the visit at least once or twice!

20190107_174932-jpg.415073

Attachments

• 20190107_174932.jpg
    20190107_174932.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 63
Yay for us! We go every trip for a late lunch. We love the atmosphere and don't mind sitting in separate rows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter