Sci-Fi Dine in: Does everyone get a car??

obnurse2003

<font color=green>I'm going to wear my ball gown a
I am eating here probably more for the cool idea for the kids to eat in a car. But I have read that there are regular tables too and that sometimes they will seat you there. Is this customary or is it first come first serve?

We have ressies at 4:05 p.m. on a Monday.

We ate at Sci-Fi in November 2002, right after the parade, without a PS. We were seated within 5 minutes at the picnic tables in the back. The cars are very popular, and there are just a few picnic tables in the back, I believe. I think if you want to have a car, you just need to request that and wait until one is available. We had missed our PS the day before, we were tired (last day), and we didn't want to wait! However,I honestly thought the view from the picnic tables was awsome because you could see all the cars in front of you. The movie screen, of course, is easy to see from any location.

Have a great time...the movie clips are a hoot!

During my June trip, we had PS for 6 and had requested a car to ourselves, which we were granted. Had we wanted a picnic table, we would have been seated immediately as opposed to waiting 45 minutes past our PS time. Worth it though, IMHO, for the atmosphere of the drive in. Enjoy!

Just make sure you ask for a "car table" when you check in at the podium, and tell them you're willing to wait a little longer if necessary. Wheelchairs and highchairs are generally placed at the regular tables, though.

Sometimes you have to share your car with another family too, depending on the size of your party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter