Sci-Fi and Rainforest Cafe--what to order?

Don't feel bad about making a PS for this restaurant. My 8 year old son announced that it was the COOLEST restaurant he'd ever been in. That made my day! I actually made 2 priority seatings because I didn't know if we wanted to eat lunch or dinner there. We ate lunch there and I had the turkey wrap which was very good. The nachos with a yummy dipping sauce was a favorite for our family too. We kept seeing the "volcano dessert" come out with exuberant cries of VOLCANO! and I knew I wanted one for dessert. Well the service was a tad slow and we decided we were full. So we used the 5:15 PS for appetizers and a volcano which was big enough for 3. It worked out perfectly.

We also saw the last show of of the day (4:30pm I think) of
the Festival of the Lion King which was a spectacular show to finish the day. To see this show,strategically place your family at the beginning of the path to the show and watch the parade prior to the show. Then walk quickly to get seats for the FotLK. Then head back to the RFC for 5:30 (we were a tad late for our 5:15 PS)

We love the aquariums there. We watched to see if fish truly move from the overhead tube from one tank to the other. My son thought this was fun.

Besides the huge gift shop bombarding you at the entrance and slow service its a great family restaurant. The elephants are VERY cool!

Again thanks, I appreciate all the tips~~even the people that didn't like the places. I hate slow service, but I guess since the surroundings will be so interesting and since it will be nice to get out of the park around noon it won't be so bad.

Another question~~ I know the volcano is a dessert, but what is it exactly? Is it a lot of chocolate? I'm not big into chocolate---I can take some, but I usually don't like the 'death by chocolate' desserts----is it anything like that? Oh yea, any really good drinks at the RC~~ I'm definitely over 21!!! ::yes::

We are leaving on our trip March 15. I am not sure what day we will be visiting AK. I wondering how hard it would be to get a reservation within 24 -48 hours of the Ak visit. I ordered the vouchers because I would really like to try RFC. Also, what would be a good time for a reservation. I will be staying at HIFS and getting a free breakfast. I thought we could have a little snack in the park and have reservations about 4-4:30. I have never been to Ak and wonder if I will be able to see most things by 4:00 or should I make later reservations. I know it will depend on how late they accept the vouchers. I also would like to know about the volcano...does it have any nuts. My daughter is very allergic to nuts. Has anyone not been able to order off the adult menu using a child's voucher at RFC? I only bought one adult voucher because will be the most expensive eater. My oldest son and I will only have ribs and share dessert with others. My 9 year twins will be using the kids voucher but one of them would like ribs too. Thanks for any info.

Janice

Tabby, I'm bumping this up for you---but if you don't get any replies, I'd just make a seperate post. And when you get back please post and tell me how you liked the Rainforest!!!

At the sci-fi I had the chicken burger with b-b-q sauce which was lovely. DH had the catfish burger which was good too.

At RFC I have pasta and DH had a spicey chicken dish which was ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter