School Trip - London to Paris?

During our week in Paris, we never felt unsafe walking above ground around day or night. We did have a pickpocket attempt on the Metro. Luckily, it was only an attempt. We live in a large city with an overcrowded subway system that has taught us to be guarded.

My daughter was there for a 5 week program with college when she was 18 and she didn't speak a word of French and did fine. She said the trains were easy to use and she took the train from Paris to London and stayed for the weekend in London. She also used Uber around Paris and said it was very easy to get around in ubers. Her only issue was some big music festival she went to in Paris and she was groped there which pissed her off.

Weird. We stayed at an amazing little boutique hotel in Bastille and LOVED it. We took the subway all over from there, including out to DLP. I guess everybody perceives things differently. :confused3
Yep. There’s no perception issue when a group of men point at you as you are walking, and more come out of building as you approach, telling you to get the bleep out. Ironically, we were walking from a Disney exhibition to our Best Western Hotel. I wouldn’t stay around there again.

It’s an amazing city, nonetheless.

Yep. There’s no perception issue when a group of men point at you as you are walking, and more come out of building as you approach, telling you to get the bleep out. Ironically, we were walking from a Disney exhibition to our Best Western Hotel. I wouldn’t stay around there again.

It’s an amazing city, nonetheless.
All I can say is we didn't have any incidents like that in Bastille or elsewhere in Paris (or anywhere else we've visited, ever). Sorry you went through that unpleasantness.

I think this is completely manageable. In one day in Paris we did the following:

1) Went to the top of the Eiffel tower. We did not buy tickets ahead and it did takes a few hours.

2) Went to the Rodin Museum, this was awesome!

3) Took a river boat cruise down the Seine. Was ok.

4) Saw the Arc De Triumph.

5) Tried to find the Statue of Liberty replica but got lost walking and gave up

6) Saw the outside of Notre Dame.

We walked and took.the subway. The subway wasn't too hard to figure out.

We flew in on a Sunday and had to leave that night via train for another city. The bummer about Paris is that much of it is closed on a Sunday but we still found plenty to do and had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter