Sherrilatte

Bad to the Bone
I was able to find these conference sessions at RPH:

October 6-8, 2002 - Titanium conference
October 11-13, 2002 - Cardiology conference
March 2-7, 2003 - Pain Medicine
March 12-15, 2003 - Refrig Assoc conference
March 27, 2004 - Some medical conference

It's total curiousity on my part, but why is there a need to know what conferences are when? Again, just curious ..:) There's almost always something going on at one of the hotels. They have been delaying booking events at RP until well after the opening.

Last summer when I was surfing this board, I found a some posters were interested in booking around major conferences, I thought I'd pass on the info, since I was surfing the net on additional info and pics on RPH. Thse conferences came up in my search. It really doesn't matter to me, I just thought I would pass on some helpful info if I could. :)

I like knowing! I hate being at the resorts when there is a big conference. Sometimes they close areas around the resort. The last time I was at Portofino there was a huge conference there and they had stuff set up all over the bay area, and the Bar American was closed for them. I know when Disney has conferences they frequently close off pool areas, which I hate even more! I have yet to see that done at Universal.

Thanks, that's what I thought. They do occur more often than most think. Sometimes there can be as many as 50 events in a month. I know of one in July that will take 1000 rooms.

Thanks Sherrilatte, for the most valuable info....Earl...WHEN in July? PLEASE TELL ME NOT BETWEEN 7/4 AND 7/11!!!

Thanks for this info Sherrilatte!! My DH wanted me to find out this info. We are going to be at RP Oct 1 - 5 so maybe we'll miss out on the big crowds coming in on the 6th!!:)

Whew!!!!!!! Thank you...just didn't care to be there while the place has one of the first conventions going on.

I'm not so sure being at one of the resort hotels during a major conference is such a bad idea, especially if you want to take advantage of the resort's amenities.

I was at PBH once and thought the place must be 90% empty. Nope. The hotel was almost sold out, but all the guests were locked up in conference rooms all day! We practically had the place to ourselves.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter