"Scary" Disney ride memories.

Just created a "scared as heck" memory for my barely 6DD this week. We'd measured her repeatedly before leaving and she didn't hit the height requirement for EE and Space Mountain. She has ridden Splash, BTMRR, Test Track and Soarin' and wasn't the least bit scared on any of them. DH & I had switched off riding EE w/ DD7 b/c DD6 wasn't tall enough, but after looking at the height bar I asked DH to walk DD6 up there just to double check. Whaddya know? She was tall enough after all. She was ecstatic.

So all four of us get back in line w/ FPs and DD6 was jumping for joy. She rode with DH and I rode with DD7. When we leveled out after going backwards, I looked back at her and her face showed sheer terror. "I don't like this ride! I don't like this ride!" she screamed. My heart sank but I was helpless to do anything for her. I had scarred my daughter for life.

Then when she realized the ride was over, a huge grin spread across her face and she exclaimed "I love this ride." She then proceeded to ride again and for the next two days told everyone she encountered "I rode Mount Everest TWICE!"

Your poor wife! No way I would ride it alone. Not sure I would ride any dark ride alone..just creepy. When we first rode Dinosaure we found it so hard to enjoy at all...way too loud, so very very bumpy, it was almost like sensory overload! It was so loud that it hurt our ears and we wanted to cover them but then we couldn't hold on and were tossed around. Later that night my DH saw me put in ear pugs to go to sleep (a must staying all in one room ;)) and he suggested we try them when we went back to AK. It worked like a charm and we have done it several times now. Dinosaur is now one of our favorite rides and we are able to hold on and see everything. Just a tip that works for us :)

People should read this board. My brother drug his 5 yo boy on that ride, convinced he'd love it. First experience at DW EVER. First ride, everything. Apparently he was so scared, he wet himself, then he cried, and refused to go on anything. It took an hour to get him to go on the Safari ride. Should have read something before he went. Poor baby! Heck, I'm even scared to go on it (this wasn't around in 1998, was it?).

When I was a kid, must've been 4 or so, Pirates really freaked me out...from the moment we'd walk through the queue with the skeletons and that drop (which now cracks me up because it's really nothing at all) I used to be terrified. The Maelstrom too, because the ogre and thinking you're going over the edge. Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, no problemo. On the Haunted Mansion though, my brother used to FREAK...my mom used to have to leave my brother off with my dad when we were little because the first time he went on he screamed and cried the entire ride.

When I think back now, it really kills me knowing that I was really THAT scared...I think to myself, Pirates and Maelstrom..really?! :lmao:

Realizing getting off Mission Space that they were still testing it?

And then reading about those deaths and having an Aunt whose friend's child died on the ride?

A little.

But I still go on it every time I go. I love it.

I remembered something that ALWAYS startles me............on RnR when the truck lights are coming at you.:eek:

Splash Mountain....I couldn't even pay attention to the story because all I was thinking about was that drop that I previously stood in front of. It's shameful when your 8-yr old is telling you it's not scary.

Rock'n'Rollercoaster for me. Not so much scared i suppose. Getting settled in my seat before the ride started i couldn't decide whether to ride it for the first time with my prescription glasses on or off.
I just decided to take them off and store them in my bum bag when the ride took off. Glasses got crushed in my hand with the scare i got and all twisted outta shape :)

I looked a right sight when i came of the ride trying to put my all out of shape glasses on , looked like i'd been in a real car accident :lmao:

When I was younger, I just closed my eyes on the scary parts of tower of terror and snow white.
Snow White still creeps me out a little bit, though :rotfl2:

But to this day, I am still very much afraid of Dinosaur.
I ride it, sure, cause it's a great ride, but this is me in ALL of the pictures :scared1:
Literally.

My scariest ride experience was when I was probably 6 or 7 and went on alien encounter. I was absolutely terrified. Every time I walk by that building i still kind of cringe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter