"Scary Clown things" in spectromagic gone :-)

mickeymule

I want to keep going to Disney until it is too man
I don't know if this has been reported or not, or even noticed. But we just got back from Disney, and my wife never saw Spectromagic or the Fireworks, so we went to the MK on Saturday and I was telling her about the creepy clown things at the beginning, and low and behold, they are now just people with makeup on, more like a mime with costumes on and a lit up hat :thumbsup2 Hope this I am not mentioning something for the 800th time.

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving.

the spectromen looked like this? or different?

272263934_MspY2-XL.jpg
273962907_CFDRB-XL.jpg

cuz that changed like a year ago

I was glad for the change. I thought they were a little strange looking the first time I ever saw the parade. Kind of freaky.

I liked the old ones. The new ones just look like cirque du soleil rejects.

As creepy as the old spectromen were, I think I like them better then the new tinman look

Thanks for the side-by-side Robo!

The new SpectroMen scare me more than the old ones ever did when I was a child. Even though they may have looked soulless before, they were comical and doll-like. Now they just look like drunk Cirque du Soleil clowns.

The new SpectroMen scare me more than the old ones ever did when I was a child. Even though they may have looked soulless before, they were comical and doll-like. Now they just look like drunk Cirque du Soleil clowns.

In show-biz, this is called,
"A very good idea, with very poor execution."
They wanted to create unique "sprite-like" characters as marshals of SpectroMagic.
The make-up/appliances involved have never quite "communicated effectively" with the public. ;)

There are examples of the opposite situation at WDW,
"A very bad idea, with very good execution."

Sounds Dangerous is an example of the latter.
It is apparent that nobody wants to just "listen" to an attraction.

My first visit to WDW was May 2008. So I have only seen the "new" look. Does anyone have pictures of what they used to look like? Just curious.

Thanks for the pic!

Not sure if I think the new or old are creepier. They are both kinda strange.

was this from a special night - I swear the "old ones" we saw never had cowboy hats on !!
I am going to have to look at those pics when I get home !!

I actually like the mask more than the face make-up - I thought the old ones were cute and more whimsical - the one face paint actually looks creepy to me!

One of the reasons I like the old ones better is because when they acted playfully it actually came across as playful. When I see the new SpectroMen smiling and waving I have to look away. It's way too creepy.

One of the reasons I like the old ones better is because when they acted playfully it actually came across as playful. When I see the new SpectroMen smiling and waving I have to look away. It's way too creepy.

I have never seen them but I am sure I would "have to look away" also!:lmao:

was this from a special night - I swear the "old ones" we saw never had cowboy hats on !!
I am going to have to look at those pics when I get home !!

The hats are actually WHITE with feathers in them.

The smaller iris of the camera in brad's photo make the hats
appear dark (compared to the lighted face.)

If you skip ahead to about 2:20 into the video below
you'll see a somewhat different angle (and a tiny bit more light) on the hats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epzozVaZ33k

I hate the new guys! I miss the old guys so badly... they were fun and whimsical and I loved them :)

The new face paints... I have never seen so many miserable spectro guys in my life. So many of them don't even smile! The worst one is the one next to the Spectromagic sign. They always look miserable to be there!

I'm a fan of the "old" clowns.

Anywhoo, scrap the whole thing and bring Dreamlights from Tokyo (although they may have to shrink it, because those floats are huge).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter