SBC To Release Abuser List

I saw this and am glad they are being outed as monsters.

Humans are messed up, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the institutions but if the elders/leaders/members refuse to act or cover up then the institution and individual members involved ALL need to be held accountable with jail and money as a deterrent. Potential abusers and cohorts need to be MORE afraid of law enforcement consequences than peer consequences and the only way to do that is hit like a hammer. There was Larry Nassar and many youth sports coaches who abuse, do we delete sports or the Olympics? There are countless teachers who abuse students, do we get rid of schools, does that make sense to anyone? There was the Congressional Page abuse scandal, what do we do with that? Lots of entertainment leaders were abusers, do we stop movies & TV? Lots of domestic violence abuse, do we stop allowing families?

Doesn't really make sense to blame an institution morally, it's the humans that are the problem but if the institution is used as a shield then the institution needs to be financially accountable.

I think all religions and institutions that involve working with children should do this. I hate how people protect abusers. I will admit that it especially infuriates me that the SBC would call me a groomer for simply being married to another woman while actively enabling abuse against children for years. As a Jew, I think Jewish congregations should do the same even though we aren't as centralized and hierarchical.

As @LuvOrlando pointed out, this isn't just a religious thing. We see it again and again in business, sports, entertainment, etc. This is human problem that happens whenever people have power over other people. Some people will abuse that power (and they are generally more inclined to seek it), and others would rather brush it under the rug than confront it. The image of the organization becomes more important than what the organization actually does. We need to have serious consequences in place for both the abusers and their protectors regardless of who they are, how rich and powerful they are, or what organization they might be from, or it will continue indefinitely.

I saw this and am glad they are being outed as monsters.

Humans are messed up, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the institutions but if the elders/leaders/members refuse to act or cover up then the institution and individual members involved ALL need to be held accountable with jail and money as a deterrent. Potential abusers and cohorts need to be MORE afraid of law enforcement consequences than peer consequences and the only way to do that is hit like a hammer. There was Larry Nassar and many youth sports coaches who abuse, do we delete sports or the Olympics? There are countless teachers who abuse students, do we get rid of schools, does that make sense to anyone? There was the Congressional Page abuse scandal, what do we do with that? Lots of entertainment leaders were abusers, do we stop movies & TV? Lots of domestic violence abuse, do we stop allowing families?

Doesn't really make sense to blame an institution morally, it's the humans that are the problem but if the institution is used as a shield then the institution needs to be financially accountable.

While the abusers are the monsters the institutions around them hold just as much blame in some of these cases. Humans are messed up and in any walk of life you'll have criminals (murderes, child molesters, thieves, rapists, etc) but when one of them commits their crime of choice it is up to the institution to help in the investigation, not hinder it. If I had an employee accused of something like these religious leaders were accused of I'd cooperate and, if the allegation is proven true, they'd be gone. I wouldn't hide them and silently move them somewhere else to commit another crime.

While the abusers are the monsters the institutions around them hold just as much blame in some of these cases. Humans are messed up and in any walk of life you'll have criminals (murderes, child molesters, thieves, rapists, etc) but when one of them commits their crime of choice it is up to the institution to help in the investigation, not hinder it. If I had an employee accused of something like these religious leaders were accused of I'd cooperate and, if the allegation is proven true, they'd be gone. I wouldn't hide them and silently move them somewhere else to commit another crime.
No-one is disagreeing with you but it's not just religion is it? What about the Olympics? Colleges? Movie productions? DO you think all entire fields are to blame because they exist or just religion and if so you need to consider what's behind that because to me they are all the same, social constructs based on other things.

No-one is disagreeing with you but it's not just religion is it? What about the Olympics? Colleges? Movie productions? DO you think all entire fields are to blame because they exist or just religion and if so you need to consider what's behind that because to me they are all the same, social constructs based on other things.
Washington DC. There was that fund that paid off sexual harassment accusers. Total BS

https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/politics/settlements-congress-sexual-harassment/index.html

My comment wasn't meant to just include religious organizations. Could be universities, it could be shoe stores. None should protect people who are guilty.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter