SB: Another question about adhesive for vellum (m)

OurDogCisco

DIS Veteran
I found this perfect adhesive for my vellum since, I don't own one of those xyron machines. Well, I seemed to have misplaced it. What does everyone use? It was great adhesive because it didn't leave any smudgies that I could see through. Thanks, Tina

I have also used Fiskar clear mounting stickers occasionally!
but mostly I use brads or eyelets anyways :)
PAttyT

Thanks I'll have to try that. I sometimes use brads and eyelets but for some reason in this layout I am not using them.

Tina

What was the adhesive? I need one!! I'm doing birth announcements, and will use ribbon through punch holes, but for the thank you's it would be nice to be able to use vellum with no bow on the card with the baby's name.

For the thank yous I am planning on folded white card, printed paper mat, white paper with baby's name on it. But vellum with the baby's name over the printed paper would be pretty too, if I had the right adhesive.....

The two best adhesives I have found to not show thru the vellum are the Scotch vellum tape and a glue stick. Yes, a regular glue stick works best if you follow this technique (which I learned at a class presented by HOTP). Apply the glue stick (clear not colored) and then take your finger and smooth out the glue to remove any little lumps or waves, etc as they will show thru. It works best to apply the glue to the paper or cardstock you will be adhering the vellum to as the paper is more absorbant, but you can use this technique for vellum on vellum too. I teach this technique in my vellum class - it really works. Even with clear vellum on dark colored cardstock.

HTH,
Carol

I use clear vellum tape. It still can show, but usually it doesn't.

I prefer brads or eyelets, but if that won't work, then I agree with the glue stick, I have much better results with glue stick than with the Xyron which seems to really mottle the vellum and I think it looks really obvious.

Bev

I do not use my Xyron to attach vellum... it ends up looking grainy and the edges don't get enough adhesive. Besides, it looks so perfectly plastered to the paper that it kind of ruins the look of vellum. So far I've just used eyelets otherwise to attach the vellum. I've also attached it with regular double-sided tape, and then covered the parts of the tape that show through with a paper border. Of course, you couldn't do this for every vellum project, but with the layout I was using, it ended up working well!

Thanks everybody for the ideas. I truely wish I wrote down the name of that adhesive. Well, anyways, I normally use brads and eyelets too but occassionally, I do use adhesive. It is too late to add the brads to this project. So, I guess, I'll just have to pick one of the adhesive you all suggested and go for it. Thanks again for all the great ideas.

Tina

I use the 3 M Vellum Adhesive that comes on a roll and LOVE it. I also use it to adhere ribbon and it works awesome.

Donna C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter