Savings from using DDP!

Amyg

DIS Veteran
I finally sat down and figured out our savings by using DDP is just about $400 for eight days for me, dh & ds-9. It would have been more had I kept better track of my cs & snack credits we still had left over. Could have snuck in another cs breakfast and some ice cream bars! Glad I bought it!

I'm sitting here looking at a bag of reciepts, and I'm not sure I want to go through all that work, but of course sometimes curiousity gets the est of you, so maybe I'll go through and see what I learn :rolleyes1 !

patsal said:
I'm sitting here looking at a bag of reciepts, and I'm not sure I want to go through all that work, but of course sometimes curiousity gets the est of you, so maybe I'll go through and see what I learn :rolleyes1 !

Yep, that's why it's taken me a few weeks till I finally had to know.

Just look at the "discount" at the end of each receipt. It may seem tedious, but it goes quickly. We saved about the same by using the DDE card (20% off) for 11 days last month. I WILL be using that benefit again :thumbsup2

Savings isnt the difference in what you paid and the total charged on your bill. Savings is the difference in what you paid and what you would have spent had you not had the plan. Although for some people that might be about the same thing as they order just what they would have anyway.

We spent about 700 in food. Our receipts totalled about 1100. We didnt save 400. we spent maybe and extra 100 (although honestly I probably would have ended up spending more than I planned - because what I would have spent on food without the plan would have been 2 character meals and the rest cs 2 a day totalling about 560 if I scrimped like crazy.

For us it would be savings as the plan is designed just the way I would like to eat when I am on vacation. I prefer to prepare breakfast in the villa, have CS wherever we are at lunch time and have a dinner out--honestly though my inner cheapness would have made me prepare a few dinners while on vacation (like every other one). What I liked was I really made very quick grocery stops and only for water, milk, juice, fruit and wine. I brought cereal and cereal bars from home as I hit one of those Malt-o-meal $1.00 per bag sales and had cupons, so free fruit O's and frosted shredded wheat sounded good to me! Cereal bars were BOGO and I again had a coupon. But I digress...When all was said and done I spent (numbers rounded) $1368. for a family of four all considered adults nine nights--since I had split my reservation I had five nights and then an additional four nights with a weekend break in between so I could work in HOB and other non-DDP places. I did take advantage of the not ending until midnight on day of checkout to eek a full day out of the plan on each of the reservations. Our reciepts added up to $2128.58 so I guess our savings was 760.58 about 36%.
Here's how I look at it DDP $1368., everyone getting what they want when they want it and Mom not having to do any cooking Priceless! Quite honestly, even if it was a dead breakeven I'd still get the DDP because the freedom for the teen and tween and the no worries mentality makes for a really relaxing vacation.

I know what we saved

we saved not worrying about what we were spending to eat
not saying no to a dinner show just because it sounded expensive
not eating counter meals at every meal, because we are too cheap to spend a ton on a dinner we don't know if we would like
not hearing the kids whine they were hungry..on the DDP the kids were complaining of being too full !!

It just made the whole vacation a lot less worrisome. To be able to have it all paid for, you know there will be no surprises at check out, everyone is satisfied and happy. That extra things were done without making us feel like we needed to penny pinch

You can't beat that. last year we booked our trip and had it paid in June(trip was Aug 05) and we didn't need to spend a dime while vacationing..that left the last day for souvenir shopping and no worries..it is great!

pickles said:
I know what we saved

not eating counter meals at every meal, because we are too cheap to spend a ton on a dinner we don't know if we would like
not hearing the kids whine they were hungry..on the DDP the kids were complaining of being too full !!

It just made the whole vacation a lot less worrisome. To be able to have it all paid for, you know there will be no surprises at check out, everyone is satisfied and happy. That extra things were done without making us feel like we needed to penny pinch

You can't beat that. last year we booked our trip and had it paid in June(trip was Aug 05) and we didn't need to spend a dime while vacationing..that left the last day for souvenir shopping and no worries..it is great!

Exactly! :thumbsup2

pickles said:
I know what we saved

So true for us as well! And another great thing is that tax and tip are all included!

Gosh, exactly how I feel!
I know if I hadn't "pre-paid" the meals, I would have scrimped and been cheap...instead we ate lovely meals at O'Hana & LeCellier and didn't have to worry about a thing. Tip was on there, etc...just a nice way to do things. When I told my dad about it (Mr. Gruff 66 year old tough guy who thinks everything stinks) he said, "Wish they had that when you guys were little!"

We didn't worry about getting the most for our money or hoarding TS credits to eat at signature places...we just ate what we want and enjoyed it. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter