Saving for Disney trip

sysoph

Earning My Ears
Hello all! My family took our first trip to Disney in December and we've caught the Disney Fever! I am planning our second trip, probably won't be until 2018. My husband will be having back surgery in the next few months which will cut into our savings. I would like to find ways to make a little extra money over the next year...every little bit helps! Can anyone recommend any good sites or apps? I started using Swagbucks this week.

Thanks!!

Hello all! My family took our first trip to Disney in December and we've caught the Disney Fever! I am planning our second trip, probably won't be until 2018. My husband will be having back surgery in the next few months which will cut into our savings. I would like to find ways to make a little extra money over the next year...every little bit helps! Can anyone recommend any good sites or apps? I started using Swagbucks this week.

Thanks!!
My favorites are Perk (for Target GCs) and EarnHoney (PayPal cash). Both are very passive ways to earn but it helps to have older smartphones, tablets and laptops if you want to earn anything.

When I run errands, I do Shopkick and Checkpoints for Target GCs.

For rebates on my shopping, I do eBates, Checkout51, SavingStar and iBotta.

They all add up a little at a time. They won't pay off my vacation but make it possible to add a few extra nice meals.

We're also saving up for a 2018 trip!!!

I've been trying to find a lot of passive rewards programs myself. I've gotten into Swagbucks, and mileup.

I've signed up for airfare watchdog to keep an eye out for flight deals, even though flights for next March won't be out for a while it gives me a better idea of how much we're going to need to pay to fly down.

My goal is to be able to pay for our character meals without digging into our overall budget from reward points for various apps / rebates.

I am saving for a Sep 2017 trip and the closer it gets the more jittery yet anxious I become lol... I've always had a change jar and using it to pay for my coffees in the morning, even if I have to pay in quarters, dimes and nickels every morning who cares that is dollar bills or money in my account saved for Disney!

If you don't already have them and are willing to apply for credit cards, you can find signup bonuses to use on flights and disney gift cards. I just did this and will save about $800 on our next trip :)

I agree with checking out a miles card. We paid for 1/2 our airfare by doing this last year. I signed up for a venture capital and listed my DH as an authorized user in January. We charged everything we buy from food to our cell phone bill to spend $3000 and get the 40,000 mile bonus. My DH then opened an account and listed me as an authorized user so we could get the 40,000 mile bonus on his card. I then used his card to charge one leg of the trip and mine for the second leg. We saved $960 with the miles we earned. Capital one waives the annual fee for a year so we did by pay a fee and we cancelled the card after our trip.

We are planning a trip in 2018. I am going to try the chase sapphire next time. I am again hoping to save 1/2 in airfare.

I don't have any credit cards, but would be open to them. Are there any good cards with rewards I could use for buying gift cards? It's a 12 hour drive from VA, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to fly! I did look into flights last year but the costs for my family of 4 to fly were just out of budget at the time.

I don't have any credit cards, but would be open to them. Are there any good cards with rewards I could use for buying gift cards? It's a 12 hour drive from VA, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to fly! I did look into flights last year but the costs for my family of 4 to fly were just out of budget at the time.

Do you have Kroger-chain grocery stores in your area? I buy gift cards from them when they offer 4x fuel promotions (usually about once per month) and I pay for them with my American Express Blue Cash Preferred credit card. I earn 6% cash back for grocery store purchases and that includes gift cards bought at a grocery store. Then the fuel rewards combined with the 6%, give me about a 25% savings (my dh & I gas both cars up together).

I also do Swagbucks and earn $50-$100 a month which helps with some of the expense. There are other apps that PP's listed but those have not worked as well for me. I may go back and try some of them again.

We are also saving for 2018 and also have a lot of medical expenses that are slowing down that saving. My oldest dd has Lyme Disease and has been sick for almost two years. The cost to treat her is just astronomical. However, all she has wanted for years is to go to WDW for her high school graduation (next year) so I am doing all I can to get us there. The savings are slow but it all adds up so you just have to keep at it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter