Saved Money

Coach9393

Earning My Ears
Morning everyone,

We’re a family of 4 staying at Saratoga in a few weeks. I’ve saved about $1800 for food. Are there any benefits to putting the $1800 on a Disney gift card from Target, purchasing the DDP, or just paying with my CC on file? Thanks

Morning everyone,

We’re a family of 4 staying at Saratoga in a few weeks. I’ve saved about $1800 for food. Are there any benefits to putting the $1800 on a Disney gift card from Target, purchasing the DDP, or just paying with my CC on file? Thanks
If you have a Target REDCard, you can purchase Disney GCs for 5% off of the face value and then use the cash to pay the bill when it comes. If you were to pick up $1800 worth of Disney GCs, the price would come to $1710.

I would recommend going to a couple of Target stores and spreading your purchases out over a few visits if you decide to do this. Most Targets carry the $50 GCs but not all of them have the $100 GCs. Managers have the right to limit the quantity of any item you choose to purchase.

ETA: Target .com also sells $50 Disney eGCs which are delivered to your email. You can redeem them using your smartphone or you can use the disneygiftcard.com website to transfer the balance to a physical GC that you have in your possession.

Thank you for you help. So if I purchase gift cards I end up losing money? Is there a benefit to the Disney card that I’m missing? Because I’d rather put my CC on file and have $1800 vs $1710.

Thank you for you help. So if I purchase gift cards I end up losing money? Is there a benefit to the Disney card that I’m missing? Because I’d rather put my CC on file and have $1800 vs $1710.
You don't lose money. You save money, but only if you have the Target RedCard. You can save 5% off of Disney Gift Cards with the RedCard and 5% of $1800 is $90.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter