Save the Vinylmations

Yes as you can see this board gets very little traffic and you are going to get much better support over there.

No offense, but perhaps the lack of action you're getting means nobody care but you?

Michael623 said:
No offense, but perhaps the lack of action you're getting means nobody care but you?

How do you know how much "action" I am getting? I am not looking for replies and posts, I want people to click on the site or spread the site around but thanks for your concern.

Hey. Signed the petition. I don't feel that this would be a bad place to post. It is partly rumor.

Plus, I am ashamed of some of you! I am sure there are other threads where people are less than kind but the OP did nothing to warrant such rudeness.

I agree kcwiak, there is never an excuse for being rude!!!
If you disagree then do so but being rude is just :sad2:.

I was at the Disneystore Outlet near my house last weekend and they had tons of vinylmations for under $3. How much of a profit is Disney making selling them at this price and will they keep manufacturing them to sell them at an outlet for <$3? I honestly think that these things are just about at the the end of their product life-cycle.

Oh no! I love vinylmation! We all get into it! They should keep them in the parks! I enjoy them much more than pins! I hope this is only a rumor!!

I love my Vinylmations! Personally, I never understood the pin trading thing so when they came out with the Vinylmations I knew that was something I would enjoy. I even get one every Christmas Season when I go to the Times Square Disney Store. I hope they don't go away! :sad2:

ObsessedWithDW said:
Sign this petition! Disney is limiting the amount of places to trade vinylmations as well as which vinylmations can be traded. Some same the is the beginning of a complete elimination of vinylmation trading. Save the Vinylmations!

https://www.change.org/petitions/wal...are_after_sign

The problem is that they're a collectible that was made to be a collectible ( not a toy, etc), so they didn't catch on. They then started with the whole trading thing but too little too late

As I'm reading this, my son is playing with about 20 of them. We love them! When I first saw/read about them, I thought "how dumb", but somehow we got so into them. I have noticed, though, that they are on clearance sales and that's not a good sign. :sad:

And, why the rudeness to OP???????? That is what is dumb.

As I'm reading this, my son is playing with about 20 of them. We love them! When I first saw/read about them, I thought "how dumb", but somehow we got so into them. I have noticed, though, that they are on clearance sales and that's not a good sign. :sad:

And, why the rudeness to OP???????? That is what is dumb.

The ones you're seeing on clearance a bunch are a little different. Without too much detail: Some vinylmations are commissioned by and distributed primarily by the Disney parks division (Park Series, Urban Series, Animation, Pixar, etc....) The ones that are primarily available online at Disneystore.com and at the Disney Stores are created by (you guessed it) the Disney Store division. These are done predominantly seperately from each other, and there are even rumors that parks team is none too happy with the way the DStores folks have watered down and damaged the Vinylmation brand. The clearance sets (like Myths and Legends, Big Top, Wrestlers, etc...) are mostly Disney Store sets. These are widely viewed within the Vinylmation community as over-produced sets. While many of them are liked and well-received by some collectors, predominantly they have much lower collectibility than the park sets and exclusives that are done through the parks. There are of course some exceptions to the rule - Villains 3 was a park-made set that was sold in parks and at the stores, and those are a dime a dozen.

To all the general naysayers about vinylmations, people seem to be of the opinion that since these are not as widely collected/traded as pins, that they're a failure as an item. While they are certainly not as widespread as pins, they were never meant to compete with that market. They are Disney's approach to the collectible vinyl figure market (started in Japan with the Tokidoki's) and in that realm they are very successful. With over 20K vinylmation listings on ebay, and the former manager of the pins team moving over to vinylmation, I don't think they're going anywhere anytime soon. They're certainly not for everyone, but there are plenty of people who enjoy them!

Great blog post from Parks blog about the future of Vinylmations:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ture-for-collectible-figures-at-disney-parks/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter