Save Dessert credit?

luckyj191

Earning My Ears
Ok, I think I already know the answer to this but I want to be sure. I am traveling with my DH and his extended family. We are considering getting the Quick Service Dining Plan. (Of course, they had me call to book the rooms and then decided today that they might want the dining plan... always backwards in that side of the family! :confused3)

Anyways, one of my SILs has used the dining plan before and she said that "if you don't use your dessert right away you can get it later". Obviously I know that if you get a dessert at lunchtime you could save it for later, but I think she is saying that you can skip a lunch dessert and go back in the afternoon to get one. I can't find ANYTHING online that supports this. Is this a thing of the past - or is she remembering wrong? Just want to be sure that we have all our info correct before we make a decision!

Thanks in advance! :worship:

Most places will allow you to come back within a limited time ( if I remember correctly, 1 hour) IF your dessert is ice cream. You can not get lunch at a cs at 12:00 and come back at say 2:30 for dessert. They have no way of tracking that.

Ok, I think I already know the answer to this but I want to be sure. I am traveling with my DH and his extended family. We are considering getting the Quick Service Dining Plan. (Of course, they had me call to book the rooms and then decided today that they might want the dining plan... always backwards in that side of the family! :confused3)

Anyways, one of my SILs has used the dining plan before and she said that "if you don't use your dessert right away you can get it later". Obviously I know that if you get a dessert at lunchtime you could save it for later, but I think she is saying that you can skip a lunch dessert and go back in the afternoon to get one. I can't find ANYTHING online that supports this. Is this a thing of the past - or is she remembering wrong? Just want to be sure that we have all our info correct before we make a decision!

Thanks in advance! :worship:

The only time this works is if you are at a place with an ice cream place, like POP Century. They will stamp your receipt at checkout and you can take it to the ice cream counter within an hour ( or maybe 90 minutes). Other than that, your only other option is to take dessert with you and eat it later.

Dining credits are not separable into courses or components. Everything that makes up one credit allotment has to be ordered at the same time. The only exception is the ice cream mentioned previously - and you still have to order it at the same time as everything else, you're just able to pick it up by a designated later time so it won't melt while you eat your entree. It applies only to counter service places that serve ice cream or other desserts that would melt.

But you can't "save" a dessert and order it at another place at a different time.

Thanks everyone!! While I didn't know about the ice cream, I figured you couldn't really separate them out like that... just didn't seem right. Glad I checked so now I can tell my SIL what the experts told me!! :) thanks again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter