Save A Little... Spend A Lot...

dizneykids said:
When did this happen? When we last went (last year, in June), they were still taking primarily 6x8 candids and only the formal pics were 8x10 or whatever.

Can someone who has been on the cruise recently post the current package prices?

They have been printing the pictures with borders that make them 8x10. The embarkation shot is one example and the character shots on CC that use to be 6x8 have borders as well. Did they not do this on your cruise?

Trixiezzz said:
Please tell me how you did this. I'd love to take care of some bigger stuff this way.

What is the address?

How do you label your package?

Thanks!

The information you need to do this is in the FAQ thread near the top of this forum. :)

Can you bring snacks on board for the movies? I'm bringing a soft sided cooler with a water in it. I was thinking of putting M&Ms and snack bags in with it. Can't wait to get on board our first cruise this weekend!

Linda pixiedust: DH pirate:

DD15 :sunny: DD12 :artist: DD9 princess: DS6 :bounce:

Maxicat said:
Can you bring snacks on board for the movies? I'm bringing a soft sided cooler with a water in it. I was thinking of putting M&Ms and snack bags in with it. Can't wait to get on board our first cruise this weekend!

Linda pixiedust: DH pirate:

Yes, but bring them in their original packaging, unopened. Once you are on the ship if you want to divide them up into separate baggies for each child to take to the theater, you can do that.

I paid for the shore excursions way before the cruise, so it "felt" like it was not a cruise expense. NO tiki drinks, brought on my own wine. Absolutely buy your own snorkle gear, Disney charges an obscene amount on CC to rent theirs.

KEEP THE INFO COMIN! I'm frantically taking notes from all you experienced cruisers!

For our up coming Oct. cruise,we have paid for the cruise already, BUT I have been adding money to our ship board credit little by little. SO when our cruise comes around, we won't feel sooooooo overwhelmed with the bill. I have enough on our credit for the premiere wine package ( I love wine and this package is the best for the money. I've gone to the stores around here to see what the prices are around here and the premiere package is ACTUALLY the best for the money!) and all the tips for the crew members so far. (it's the tips that get me in the end, we do ok with charging, but it's the $100 plus tips at the end that add up! We are a family of 5). All I do is email my TA (DREAMS UNLIMITED, YEAH!!!) and tell her how much I'm adding to our ship board credit and she charges the credit card that amount. Then I pay off our credit card before the cruise. This is the first time I have done this, but I'm thinking that SO FAR I'm ahead of the game this trip. Knowing that I have the "big costs" paid for is a load off my mind. We get a shipboard credit since we rebooked on our last cruise, so in my thinking ahead, that credit will be used for the "fun" of shopping or drinks and Flounder's (that is if I can't get me youngest fully potty trained!). I know that I will probably spend more, but I have time to add more ship board credit to my account.

Just another idea. Hopefully this will work out great! By the way,I got this tip from these boards! Aren't they great!!!

Pack glow stixs and necklaces etc and take with you.

Buy your pirate gear from E Bay, or a dollar type shop.

down load your digital camera card, before you cruise, and buy a spare card to take with you. We will then down load all the pictures when we get off the ship. The spare card, is cos I kow I will take lots of photos, and Im not sure if Shutters would sell all the types of cards????

Does anybody know if you can purchase the Disney gift cards and use them onboard as a credit to charge against. I thought about doing this, just purchasing cards and adding to them and by the time we cruised, I should have enough money for incidentals. Does anybody know? The lady at the Disney store said she thought you could, but was not sure.

i laugh about the smoothies!!!!

on deck 9 you can get fruit, chocolate syrup, ice cream, and milk all for free but to have them blend it together is $4.00!!! we just packed our mini blender and made them ourselves in all different flavors...the kids thought it was fun ( and gave them a way to burn energy running up to deck 9 for more ingredients!!!) :rotfl:

we last cruised in october 2005 and at that time the character photos and embarkation shots were all 6x8, even with the border...did that change by the dec cruise???

another idea for the gift shop....buy a DCL frame without the year on it so that you can just add a new picture each time you cruise instead of anew frame each time....

te arcade is a waste of $$$$...especially on the magic since they now have the extra games on deck 2!!!

buy the drink of the day or watch for happy hour specials of buy 1 get 1 free!

the glow necklaces are really cheap on ebay....i bought 1000 bracelets that can connect to make necklaces or be used at swizzle sticks on ebay for $50....i use them for everything and i still have about 500 left....they also make great nightlites in the room since they glow for at least 12 hours!!!!

Great idea about the smoothies. I have one of those mini stick blenders and that would be so easy to accomplish. :thumbsup2

Glow necklaces/bracelets--excellent! I love Disboards!

Linda pixiedust:, DH pirate:

txaggie94gigem said:
i laugh about the smoothies!!!!

buy the drink of the day or watch for happy hour specials of buy 1 get 1 free!

I have a question, I remember hearing the 2 for 1 offer on CC but I've never seen/heard that special onboard - where do I find out when/where these will be?

Thanks!

On our at sea day, it was very cloudy. Once the rain started, they announced 2-for-1 margaritas while it was raining. All other drinks we had previously ordered seemed very light on the alcohol. The margaritas were very strong. I guess they wanted to keep everyone happy during the rain. It worked!!

As far as the movies/shows, you could always get snacks from deck 9 to bring down with you. That would save some money, or if you know someone in the group just needs that chocolate fix while watching a movie pick up a few boxes ahead of time.

We ended up with a $700 or so bill on our 4 nighter, if I could only take my own advice...lol!

Frye7127 said:
Does anybody know if you can purchase the Disney gift cards and use them onboard as a credit to charge against. I thought about doing this, just purchasing cards and adding to them and by the time we cruised, I should have enough money for incidentals. Does anybody know? The lady at the Disney store said she thought you could, but was not sure.
Disney no longer owns the Disney stores. I would be cautious of that advice unless verified by DCL.

I bought Disney Dollars at the Disney Store to give to my kids for birthdays, Christmas, etc. and they used them on the cruise. I am not sure about the gift card, but Disney Dollars do work!

Frye7127 said:

From disneygiftcard.com (click on "Use the Card" to get to the information):

"The Disney Gift Card can be used to apply payment toward your shipboard account during your cruise, so you can use it to purchase Spa Treatments, Shore Excursions, Photographs at Shutters and onboard Merchandise. You can also use your Disney Gift Card towards your Disney Cruise Line reservation."

HTH

I check the Dollar Tree a few times before we go on a cruise. It seems like I can alway pick up the glow necklaces/ bracelets for a dollar (2 necklaces and 2 bracelet in a pack). Plus alot other stuff....over the door shoe holder, disney coloring books, sand toys and so on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter