Saturday in the Park....I think it is the 18th of Jan.

sillyminny

Love Disney World. Love Survivor and Idol shows as
Which park would be the best for our first day in WDW!????
We are meeting family there that day. Thanks!

That's a pretty subjective question. Saturday is the Early Entry day for MGM, so if you're worried about crowds, that's probably the one park worth avoiding. The Early Entry park tends to be busier overall as it draws somewhat larger crowds at opening.

If you're asking for a personal opinion, I always like to start with Epcot--particularly when touring with young children. To many people, the Magic Kingdom IS Disney. Once you've seen Cindarella's Castle and experienced everything that the MK has to offer, it's tough to not be bored by a more laid-back park like Epcot.

When you start with Epcot, the excitement level continues to build over the course of the trip rather than seeming somewhat anticlimactic.

I have been the last 5 years in a row on that weekend (Martin Luther King Day is Mon the 20th). In the past, the Magic Kingdom has been a mob scene on that Saturday before because it is a holiday weekend for Florida schools. We have never experienced crowds of any kind at any of the other parks this time of the year, so I'd say any park except MK. By Monday afternoon the crowds will be gone there, too. It is a great time to visit!

Unfortunately, Saturdays in January also appear to be the only day of the week when they have the Spectromagic parade.

They have one additional showing throughout the week. One on the 7th, 14th, 22nd, and 28th

I hadn't checked the website for parade times in a couple of weeks--what a nice surprise to find out that we can see Spectro twice when we are there!!!!

I know the WED. showing will be a lot less crowded!

You made my day--thanks so much!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

With knowledge comes wisdom!
Thanks! Good to know about the parade schedule!

Thanks, Dan,

Ditto

I can revise my schedule for my trip next week - I was dreading MK that Saturday(MLK weekend) from all the reports on how crowded the park would be. I'll have to recheck the Disney web site to see if there are any other changes.

You're best bet is probably Epcot that day. Then hop over to MK for Spectro. It runs twice that night, so the second parade will be less crowded. The best news is that once MLKJ weekend is over, you will be at WDW during one of the least crowded (if not THE least crowded) weeks of the year. We'll be there as well. We get up to WDW about 10 times a year, but our 8 night January trip is one of favorites without question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter