Saratoga Springs

DisneyworldDave

25 Disney World Visits and New DVC Member!
We are booked in AKV studio in two weeks but my wife would like a one-bedroom now. The only availability is at SSR. Is it possible to request a specific area (Congress Park) on such short notice? Anyone know how successful these type of requests are? Also, any opinions on SSR would be appreciated since it will be our first trip there!

I don't think it matters when you put a request on your room, so I am sure you can still do that. They try to give you your request, but nothing is guaranteed. SSR is a big, but beautiful resort. Congress Park is the area that I would pick too. If you want a view of DTD you should specify that in your request. The path to DTD is right outside Congress Park and it only takes a few min. to get there by foot, which I think is a great SSR perk!
Have fun on your trip!

When you make your area request put 1st 2nd and 3rd on request we did that and got our 3rd

We requested The Grandstand and got it last summer!

We really loved SSR. Every area of the resort has it's benefits. We stayed right next to the walkway to the treehouses and loved it. We walked through there often to take the boat to DTD. If we ever stayed again we would request the springs since we spent so much time at High Rock Springs. Also, the views from Congress Park of DTD are amazing!

In my opinion you can't go wrong with SSR! We LOVED it!

We stayed at SSR during a December trip and requested a room in the Springs section. We received our request. If you check in and find out you did not get the area requested, just ask if they can honor your request. Usually, they can change your room and give you what you want.

We recently stayed at SSR, and overall, we enjoyed the resort. We did think that the 1 bedroom villa was very small, and we could never figure out where to park our car to go to the counter service restaurant. The spaces in front were reserved for check in, and the spaces in back seemed to be for golf?? We just ended up walking down there. We thought the bus service was awesome, and our kids enjoyed the pool. We requested Congress Park, and received that section - although we did not have a view of DD.

SSR is a very nice resort. We have stayed in Congress Park and The Grandstands. both are very nice. The one bedroom should be the same size as VWL,BCV, and BWV, they all have the same floorplan. Park in the big lot near the main pool towards Congress park if you want to get to the fast food.

We had no trouble getting our requests which were put in a week before our arrival (and that was Christmas/New Year week).

Agreed. While most units in Congress Park have a DTD view, the ends of some of the buildings don't.

I can vouch for this. I made a request for CP but not a DTD view. I got Congress Park, but not a DTD view. I knew better next time! :goodvibes

We stayed at SSR last October and had requested Congress Park so we could walk to DTD. Unfortunately, they weren't able to get us in that group of buildings. We were put in the Grandstand area. Not bad, but there was NO walking to DTD. We didn't have any bad experiences but we LOVE OKW. While SSR wouldn't be our first choice I wouldn't mind staying there again, it was very quiet (and our room was right next to the bus stop, never heard it).

As they will tell you when you put in your request, they will try to grant the request, but it isn't a guarantee.

Good luck!

You can make your request in advance, but when you check in be sure to ask where your room is. If it's not in the location you requested, they might be able to change it for you.

We stayed in a THV 1/1 - 1/6. The only request I made was near the walking path to the Grandstand. When we checked in at 1:30, our Treehouse was ready, but it was #7003 (as far from the walkway as you could get and right next to the main road). I very politely asked if there were anything closer to the Grandstand since we would have 9 people walking to the Grandstand to get on the bus/walk back. She made a phone call and we were switched to a THV very close to the walkway and the South Busstop.

I find, asking politely and not getting confrontational can get you very far with the front desk CMs.

I made a request 6 months in advance of our December trip to be close to the walkway to DTD and a view of DTD.
When we got there, we were given quite possibly the furthest most point from both our requests.
It was at least a 15-20 minute walk to the main lobby and about a 10 minute walk just to the nearest bus stop.
I asked very nicely if anything close to our request made way back in June was available and was told no.
I have never gotten a request made ahead of time.
I don't think that making requests ahead of time matters.

Please count me in as one of those folks who LOVE SSR. We have stayed in many different sections and love the entire resort. I hope you get what you want but if not, hope you can love the beauty of this resort/community feeling location.

We are hoping to stay there again in Oct but I can't call until March. I am keeping my fingers crossed as well that we can get in. The nice thing with SSR is that it is such a large resort availability is usually awesome.

We were just @ SSR in Dec. and had a 2BR villa in congress park on the 4th floor. We had a gorgeous view of DTD and the quiet pool. The walk to the main pool/lobby was less than 10 mins and the bus stop was also very close. We loved SSR and will definitely stay here again!

HI Dave
While I cannot speak to requests I can speak about SSR. My children love it there. As a matter of fact we were in WDW in Dec. for an event that we had to stay w/my daughter's team at Port Orleans. My 2 sons asked me to bring them to SSR just to go to the Community room to play ping pong and other games.
There is lots to do there and the property, while spacious, is lovely. We also experienced watching a sea otter and some turtles. We like the Artists palette area. They have some good sandwiches and the flatbread pizza is yummy. They also have poolside movies in the evening as some of the resorts do. They also have pool activities during the day like Bingo and trivia contests. If you get a room facing DTD view is great.

The drawback for me is that room size. I do think the main kitchen/living room area is a bit smaller--not sure if it is smaller than the other DVC resorts or not.(Definitly smaller than OKW). Another nice aspect is the boat option to DTD. The sit down restaurant there is also good-the turf club-I think.

Have fun-enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter