Saratoga Springs

tammyandtommy

Just call me Duckie!
Hi I just used my DVC point (for the first time:banana: ) to book 2, 2 bedroom suites, Can someone give me some info on what section to request the rooms in?:eek: I want to be near everything, buses, main building, pools etc. Yet far enough away to relax. I have also heard you can see fire works from the resort? Where? And whos fire works? Thanks!

I don't remember being able to see any fireworks except maybe for PI and they don't have those anymore (someone else may know more on that than me!)

Congress Park is a good area, if you want to be near the DD Marketplace. Nothing is right next to everything, but that is a location very much requested. I have photos of SS/DD here: http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=24&Itemid=50

I know I've a photo of a congress park bus station. I was just there the other day with friends, we walked around (they were in the CP area) to the Marketplace, around the West End and back through the main area to where they were staying.

Welcome home!!! :cheer2:

You will probably find your best answers on the DVC board. There is one here on the disboards. Folks on the DVC boards read those boards more than these and they have the experience to help you.
I am a new OKW owner, so can't help you much with SSR, but we will wave as our boat goes by your resort. :flower3:

We loved staying in the Congress Park section...had an awesome view of DTD -- we could see the lights for WOD and we were practically on the RFC volcano! We didn't mind the little walk to the main pool and food and the bus stop was pretty close. It was very, very quiet -- we heard nothing from neighbors or people walking on the path below. Make sure to order groceries for some convenient breakfasts/beverages/snacks.

There are several bus stops, so you can always be close to a bus stop. Each section has a pool (except for the Carousel). If you want to be close to the main pool, you'll want the Springs. If you want to be close to DTD, you'll want Congress Park or even the Paddocks. The Grandstand is the newest area that just recently was completed. It's closer to the golf course building and the boat boarding area. The Carousel area is cloesr to the resort entrance is a little more away from everything.

:thumbsup2 We stayed at SS last November, and loved it! We were in the Paddocks, which is a bit of a walk to the pool, but close to a bus stop. They alledgedly have internal bus service, but we preferred the walk. Beautiful resort, quiet quiet quiet!! Nice after a busy day at the parks, to go 'home' and relax.

I agree it's a beautiful resort, with lots of lovely walking.

The spa/fitness center is the best too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter