Saratoga Springs Resort

Catlover

Earning My Ears
:wave2: Has anyone stayed at SSR? We have a Vacation Club home here. We have not been here yet. Any info. would be greatful. Does the noise from downtown Dis bother people?
Thanks

I stayed here Christmas 2005, and although my room didn't have a DTD view, it was in the Congress Park area, very close to DTD. I got to hear the fireworks at night, but absolutely no other noise from there or PI disturbed our sleep. I was amazed at how quiet and peaceful that resort is!

And also, I find the theming to be very pleasant. It will be much better when the trees are all grown up, no doubt, since it doesn't have a Northeastern landscape as yet. Trees will mask the fact of the absolute flatness of the landscape.

The noise is not an issue. The resort is beautiful. You could just immerse yourself in it and not leave for days at a time. I loved it when I stayed there last month.

Oh, and even as a 13 year old the theming was nice. Granted, it might be because I lived in Saratoga Springs as an infant and have never been back, so I got a basic idea of what the town looked like.

And even though it's far out, request a building in the Grand Stand section. They have a great pool that's never as crowded as the main people, and its got fountains to play in for little kids, and a pool bar. The 2 ideal buildings, in my opinion, are 8101-8436 and 8501-8836.

It's our home resort and we really love it.

Go to the DVC boards for more information.

There is an SSR Owners/Lovers Thread on the DVC Mousellaneous board.

Our family has stayed at SSR 4x's and loved it!!! My boys love the main pool, they can just walk into the water. They love going and playing with Donald Duck & the water slides.

Going there in a few months-girls trip only-one of my friends is a DVC member, and needed to use up some points. Can't wait to go there! My DH have also been thinking about buying(resale):yay: into DVC. Need to save some more $, but we are thinking about, SSR, OKW, or WVL.

DW & I stayed there July 8-13. It is a beautiful resort. All the CMs were nice & very helpful. The main pool is nice. We also enjoyed one of the quiet pools while we washed clothes. We stayed in the Paddock (studio), building 5, near Lake Buena Vista Drive. Our balcony overlooked the lake-very nice!

From our building, it was about a 4 minute walk to the nearest bus stop. Bus service was generally good, but one morning, we waited 45 minutes for a bus to MK. There are several bus stops at the resort.

We ate at Artist Palette once. The service & food was good.

Our only complaint was that the resort is large. I guess we're spoiled, but we felt it was a long walk to the main pool, main building, & nearest bus stop.

The best part? Our room was beautiful, luxurious, clean, & comfortable. Would we stay there again? Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter