Sapphire Falls April 30-May 2, 2022~Completed

wdwrule

DIS Veteran
Hello again! This will be a quickie, with so many things going on right now with the end of the school year approaching, graduation, etc but I still want to post to help any who need it… or who enjoy reading trip reports like I do to live vicariously!

Memorial Day posting… thank you all who have served and are serving to protect our country! 🎆 :thanks:

Last edited:
We became UOAP holders last August and have visited almost once per month since and it has been absolutely wonderful!! We’ve taken the kids to WDW annually from about 2008 to 2019 or so and finally tried out UO last year and we are now majorly hooked!! With the oldest in college, it’s been either myself and DD or hubby and DD or combination. Sometimes DS too (college kid) when possible.

This particular trip was just hubby and myself for our anniversary. We attempted early April and for the first time ever, our flight was delayed then cancelled :sad2: We had Aventura booked for that weekend (deluxe king room). They were amazing though and let us cancel without penalty when I described what happened.

It all worked out though because I was able to reserve Sapphire Falls (my second favorite… PBH first) for the last weekend in April for about the same cost. Haha come to think about it I never unpacked from our cancellation so that worked out well.

Up next, early arrival day on a Saturday morning and got a ton accomplished!! Wasn’t looking forward to a 5:30am flight but oh so worth it to be in the parks around 9am or so!! Haha adrenaline was pumping!

This is what we did on our arrival morning… Saturday morning after checking in and stowing away our luggage since room wasn’t ready:

We typically walk every time but decided to leisurely take the boat over which was a walk on. If the loading area was full of people, we would’ve just taken the lovely walk. Arrived at Studios and then to Today’s Café for the ham and cheese sandwich and hubby got the egg whites Florentine. We split both and they both were delish. This is our favorite breakfast spot at Studios. Always good to consume some protein before hitting the rides.

Then, we got on Gringotts via single rider, then Men in Black single rider, then ET, then transformer single rider, then fast and furious single rider (haha tradition because it’s so corny), then Hogwarts express to IoA. We have found the nice thing about starting in Studios first thing in the morning is always low crowds. I guess everyone rushes to IOA for Hagrid‘s and Velocicoaster which we do as well some mornings. I have in my notes that we got on the train that morning at 11:40 so we got a ton done that morning!

B89CA242-A031-405B-9A0D-EF910A2FEABE.jpeg
Then at IoA, a walk-on at forbidden Journey via single rider, then mobile ordered at thunder Falls. By this time we were hungry for lunch. At the time we were visiting, Thunder Falls was mandating mobile ordering. We are probably in the minority, but we actually enjoy mobile ordering as we’ve had great luck with it and has saved us so much time. After mobile ordering, we walked right in after showing a TM that we had placed an order and were sitting at a table at 12:00. We scanned the QR code which was on our table and the plate of hot food was brought out 3 min after we were seated. We split the rice chicken bowl as we often do and it is consistently fresh and delicious!

Next up, exploring the caverns for the first time ever, consuming the perfect margarita from Margaritaville and then a brief rest back at the room from being up since 2:30 AM! I will have more pics in the upcoming posts. Haha guess I was too tired earlier on.

Last edited:
So we learned from some vlogs (RixFlix …. and The Pugh Two) that there was a cavern area to explore near Pteranodon Flyers that we had no idea it existed. This was so much fun! Hubby and I felt like kids again exploring. It was nice and cool and super fun! It reminded me slightly of Tom Sawyer Island in Magic Kingdom (the cave part but better). We probably spent at least 20 minutes or so exploring.
ECE5DF16-07B4-490D-B82D-314DE5347132.jpeg

0111EDE7-3FBD-4BA3-92A3-BCED6ECFAD46.jpeg

There are some hidden areas and multi pathways and I know I would be freaking out if my kids were in this area when they were little (the worry wart that I am). It’s hard to keep track of where the little ones are but I’m pretty sure it exits in one area. It’s definitely something to check out… with or without kids.

After our exploration, we were hot and tired from our early flight so we decided to grab our favorite margarita on property… The Perfect Margarita from the Margaritaville side window (you can get it at the restaurant and the stand alone bar as well) and then head back for a brief nap. This margarita is so good! I swear it’s all alcohol with a few drops of lime juice ::yes:: After sipping away and people watching, we headed back to SF to put our luggage in our room (we got the text that it was ready) and rested for about 30-40 minutes. It felt so good to close my eyes a bit in the AC so I could be rejuvenated for the rest of the day/evening. We are not ones to go back to the room until it’s nighttime for bed, but this time was worth it from our early flight. Here are some pics of the room (king bed room pool view, requested high floor).
A7ED0F81-6E73-4F88-B87E-DEB2599B63BA.jpeg

99E2FC64-1BDF-4B2C-928C-02E4BCF406EC.jpeg

BAA57E02-8C39-422C-BB07-C9CD71C62627.jpeg

F172AB33-ED17-4D1F-878D-8A8536130591.jpeg

551B9CBD-0FD5-47D4-8485-DB75872271A2.jpeg

80996DF1-E450-4B77-805A-24ACFE3A7538.jpeg

43DCF23E-A4FD-4D44-9EA9-3FCAC9773CDD.jpeg

The sofa was a pull out sofa bed by the way. I loved the nighttime views!
9659C32B-2843-490F-A7D1-64BF7DC2FB51.jpeg

A8CBDB72-1D4E-4C50-8C4A-10984C76FCCA.jpeg

It was so cool seeing Velocicoaster climb and go over the top hat out in the distance!

Speaking of which, as soon as we meandered out again, we headed straight to one of our top favorite rides… Velocicoaster!! Oh my I love this ride!! It’s just so invigorating. Smooth, fast, thrilling! We ended up riding this ride many times this trip.

After this awesome ride and looking through shops we headed back towards RPR for one of my favorite burgers on property: Jake’s.

1999937D-A87A-4EAE-8F20-3A76183284D3.jpeg

104B2277-CFED-42C4-B212-25C730E6D681.jpeg

I always opt for the fries and a Blue Moon. So delicious! Juicy, tender, satisfying!

We then went through from RPR indoors to SF. Someone on here explained how you can walk from RPR to SF indoors for the most part. This saved us from the heat and last month my DD and I used this way to avoid a treacherous downpour. It is a bit convoluted and I could never remember how to actually tell someone how to get from point A to point B, but we always made it.

A0286644-4D5A-4670-969C-519F25B179FD.jpeg
I love these umbrellas on the wall near the one set of escalators.

Lol then off to Strong Water at SF. Eating and drinking our way around I guess! I love this place! We sat at a table and ordered drinks and the Tres Leche Cake. The cake slice was enormous!! Didn’t take a pic of it this time and I wish I would have. I had one of Lenny’s specialty: The Last Word which is gin-based. Hubby had the Cayman island iced Tea (vodka, gin, tequila, shrubb, rum, lemon juice, hibiscus tea, sprite). Let’s just say that tea packed a punch! It was really good.

Around 8pm, we went to bed from our ‘up at 2:30am day’ which was really early for us but we’d rather be rejuvenated for the remainder of the trip than zombies the rest of the time. Again, it was peaceful watching Velocicoaster on the top hat all lit up. I have to say, we didn’t hear pool noise at all with our pool view room. Maybe it was because we were on a high floor. We typically just book standard.

Up next, another packed full but super fun day!

Last edited:
Sunday:

We got up to go to early entry but have never rope dropped early entry. Haha we like our sleep better. We typically attend early entry about a half hour in. I mobile ordered muffins from Croissant Bakery as we often do for a quick breakfast when going to IoA and they never disappoint. Not breakfast of the champions but a good item to hold us over until lunch. I love to eat these at a table near Green Eggs and Ham to people watch the hustle towards the headliner rides.

Speaking of which, we then headed to Velocicoaster around 8:40 with a posted 50 minute wait and waited about 35-40 minutes.
E01A9262-5A68-4BB4-8B84-A6C4697CCD99.jpeg

Then we went to Hagrid’s with a 75 minute posted wait, but waited 50 minutes. I just love both rides for different reasons. One is so thrilling while the other is more immersive. Love them!

Then we split a frozen Butterbeer at Hogsmeade bar. This is one of my favorite places to purchase Butterbeer because it feels so immersive.

After this, we went to Poseidon’s Fury for the first time ever. When we first visited this park back in August and ever since, this attraction has always been under refurbishment so we were excited to finally attend it.

We all waited maybe 20 minutes until it was showtime which was the perfect amount of time for us to finish our Butterbeer in line. I asked and the TM at the entrance of the line told us that we may have our beverages in line but just not in the show area. We both enjoyed this show experience but we also agreed that it was not anything that we will hurry to get back to.

We heard about a peaceful area behind Mythos restaurant so we went to go check it out. It was very calm and quiet back there with some seating and gorgeous views.
958A4C34-7576-431B-BD99-1FEC2508F67C.jpeg

7224776B-B6FA-442E-81DA-B2E7A74BB706.jpeg

Next was one of our favorite lunch places, Confisco’s upstairs in the Navigator’s Club Lounge. I love having a window seat here and gazing out at all of the awesome rides while eating. We shared ahi tuna nachos on wonton chips, and an entree: herb roasted chicken with risotto and asparagus. We also ordered the sangria which our server had recommended. Wow just wow!
F8A91150-4F00-402B-982F-707ACC3AE1DF.jpeg

8AEA822C-4B32-44A3-8C79-C650FCC11F6C.jpeg
This was the ingredient list for their sangria: Burgundy, apricot & cherry brandy, apple, cranberry and orange juice.448C8178-FD92-401E-9762-0DFA5C164E5C.jpeg

The ahi tuna nachos were the showstoppers for sure! We are definitely getting this again the next time we visit. Very fresh, and the wonton chips held up and were crisp from beginning to end. The chicken and risotto were wonderful as well… The chicken just fell right apart and was so juicy and tender. The sangria was crisp and very refreshing! We were absolutely pleased with Confisco’s yet again!

To be continued with a ton more rides before a little bit of evening barhopping. :drinking1

Last edited:
Continued…

Next was a walk on SR line Spider-Man and SR line walk on Forbidden Journey (I just love the immersive feeling of this ride). I have found that the more hydrated I am (water, water, water) the better I feel on this ride. I had a time last September or so where it ruined my whole day because I got so motion sick!

We then took the Hogwarts Express over to Studios. Next up was Fallon (lol basket full of puppays). Then is was time for Finnegans bar loaded chips and a Harp :drinking1 We were a walk-up and went straight to the bar. I have to say, this was nice just walking up without making a reservation.

By now it was 4:00 and we could use our Express Pass attached to our premiere AP so off to Gringott’s. Well we checked the SR line against EP line and the SR was way shorter so SR it was. In fact, we literally walked on to the ride. We do see the pre show now and then but don’t need to watch it every time. We also don’t mind riding apart from each other as we’ve experienced it together many times. We get so immersed, it doesn’t make a difference. That, and we always have good stories to tell each other afterwards such as families reactions who are riding it for the first time ❤️.

Next it was Simpson’s. Haha this is a take it or leave it ride. It’s soooo funny though!

Next up was the ballpit area of the Curious George area. Omg this is so much fun! Yep, our inner child definitely came out! I read about it here on the boards and has no idea it even existed. This was so amusing to watch… and to participate. Haha ~ we’re talking about you, unsuspecting mom texting on the phone. :rotfl2:We loved the machine gun ball shooter on the second floor.

Next, we used our express for ET. “Welcome home, you’ve arrived”. I love how ET says our name now at the end of the ride.

Then rain clouds were forming so we ordered voodoo doughnuts for the next morning and then headed to Strong Water Tavern and had the tropic pressure big storm Florida ale with the tequenos and chicken tenders. Food was delicious as usual! This was the first time I had this beer and I fell in love with it! So light, cold and refreshing! Hubby had this as well plus the alcoholic iced tea called Cayman Island iced tea. Lenny in the background of this pic… he’s the best!!
EACD0C71-761D-4E1A-B310-704AAFACD812.jpeg

Then we always wanted to visit Bistro 17 at the top of Aventura and each had a beer there. This bar was just okay. However the views were amazing!

5927C7D0-2C64-4BC1-9E8F-052158259F7C.jpeg

Forgot, before we left SF, I then had a sweet tooth (surprise, surprise) but was too full to have the luscious tres leche cake. So I chose a cake pop instead at Dutch trading co from sapphire falls.

Ooops another out of time order, I forgot when walking through RPR to get to SF, we noticed a Hershey convention going on. Just thought it was ironic since we live at a hop, jump, skip from Hershey, PA.
357CC7D9-5FD6-4B60-96FE-0334303D3656.jpeg

Even more ironically when DD and I were visiting last week, a Mars candy convention was going on.

Anyways, off to bed with this lovely view.
1655340895833.jpeg

Up next, always a sad day… departure day but a full day at least.

Last edited:

We were up early as usual with adrenaline to hit the parks regardless of being departure day. We wolfed down our Voodoo doughnuts and off we went.
8B430DC7-A152-420F-9F0E-A8791182A779.jpeg

We then booked it to our favorite thrill ride, Velocicoaster.
87985B18-DD86-4565-A04E-776D147B35DB.jpeg

Why yes, don’t mind if we do! We ended up waiting an additional 7-10 minutes for front row but soooo worth it! I just love front row!

Heading to FJ, we cancelled Finnegans since we were there this trip already and scored a last minute lunch reservation at Mythos. Then we walked right onto the ride using SR. Then got on Velocicoaster again in front row with about a 30 minute wait. Haha love it!

Kong isn’t a favorite but we usually hop on once per trip. The wait was posted at 40 minutes but only ended up waiting 20.

Lunch at Mythos was delicious and I adore the aesthetics and overall atmosphere. We were inside at a nice window seat.
EA6CB631-09AC-4E0F-95E3-59336E794474.jpeg

6CA62722-9675-4781-B0A7-9B10BE222C03.jpeg

DE256A99-27B2-4343-8D99-4F66D42D2039.jpeg

We then got on Spider-Man SR and Cat in the Hat.

Hagrid’s was posted 60 and ended up being 55, so pretty accurate that day. We typically have luck with manageable wait times for Hagrid’s early afternoon.

On our walk over to Studios, The Perfect Margarita was calling our name from the side window of Margaritaville so we each just had to get one. Oh these are luscious but be warned, they are very strong. As a waitress once told me awhile back, it is basically alcohol with a touch of lime juice. She wasn’t kidding.

I just wish we could take it into the parks but it makes for good people watching on a shaded bench in Citywalk (and perusing their shops).

Then we checked out the SpongeBob cavalcade with meet and greets for a few minutes as we headed to MiB. Rode it twice in a row on SR. I’m slowly learning some cheats but still need to do some research. I don’t think I’ve broken 350,000 yet.

Then, Gringott’s SR after 4:00 and waited 10 minutes. We have the Express after 4:00 included with our passes but that line was waayyyy longer.

We then Mobile ordered fish and chips and Butterbeer at leaky cauldron which was very easy and has tons of tables to choose from. I may be in the minority but I loved that they switched to mobile order. Before this we usually pass right by it because the line is incredibly long in the heat. Now we place an order and walk right in.

Next was Fallon. Haha not a favorite to many but I really enjoy it and chuckle every single time. We also got on ET (but don’t worry, you don’t have to pedal) 🤣 and Fast & Furious SR (crazy weird ride but we always end up on it once or twice per trip).

Oh how we miss you Mummy!!

994C19BA-2013-4588-9B0D-70EFBDE807E5.jpeg

On our way out, we bought Kristy treats and chocolate covered s’mores. I gobbled down the s’mores but the krispy treats were to enjoy and share at home.

97F62B8B-ECD8-4115-9EFC-66BD3E95F1AA.jpeg

We got the chocolate topped krispy treats which were buy one get one. These were very dry which is maybe why they were on sale. But maybe I’m used to my own that I make which I add tons of extra marshmallows.

Overall, we had an amazing time with lots of laughter and go go go fun. Haha we never know how to relax and instead love to go on ride after ride after ride. Thanks for reading along and again, I hope this helps someone.

On a side note, DD and I got back recently from staying at Aventura in the Deluxe queen room. (AP rate $167) Wow this room is amazing! I posted some pics of the room on Aventura’s thread. I’ll try and do a report from that trip (it was during the first week in June) which includes a quick brief stop at Gideons. (First time having their products and YUM!). Take care!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter