Sapphire Beach v. Magens Bay - Amenities

DisneyMom&Fan

DIS Veteran
We can't decide which beach to go to later this month. We know a ton of you have been to these beaches. Can you please tell us which has the best amenities? We are most curious about:

1. chair & umbrella rental
2. cocktails and food delivered to beach
3. restaurant
4. great snorkeling and rental gear
5. restrooms
6. Do they charge beach admission?
7. jet ski - not a deal breaker

So, which beach has the most of these? Thanks for any help! :yay:

As a former St. Thomas resident I can speak to how things were as of two years ago. Magen's is a much longer, more beautiful and peaceful beach, however all amenities are at one end, so that's where the tourists congregate.That end has a bar, a snack bar ( pizza, burgers, a few sandwiches) and a retail shop. You can rent chairs and floats, but I don't think umbrellas. There is some shade provided by palms. I also can't remember about snorkel gear as I own my own, but I do know there is not much to see there as it is mostly a sandy bottom. Cocktail servers will be on the beach, but I don't think they bring food. There is a charge to enter, 4.00 per adult, kids under 12 are free.

Sapphire is a resort, so has all the amenities you spoke of, and very decent snorkeling, too. If you are not a guest of the resort you will be charged to rent chairs and umbrellas, but not just to use the beach.

Oh...restrooms at both, definitely no jet skiing at Magen's, and I don't think at sapphire either, though they did have sailboards and kite boards.

Magen's is gorgeous, and my favorite of the two, but I never cared about amenities, as I could bring all my own stuff with me, and I don't drink. For what you're looking for, I think you would prefer Sapphire.
P.S. both have websites.

Could you also share how Coki beach compares for those amenities?
TIA! :goodvibes

Thanks Betsy! It sounds like we'll give Sapphire Beach a try. Thanks for the info.

We went to Coki beach last time and really enjoyed it - great snorkeling, bar service on the beach, chairs, umbrellas, bathrooms (kinda sketchy). We just want to try a different beach this time. But we did find out that you pretty much have to deal in cash on most of the beaches.

Could you also share how Coki beach compares for those amenities?
TIA! :goodvibes

Coki is the beach next to Coral world. It's the smallest of the 3 beaches being reviewed here. It's really only worth going to for the snorkeling, which is great, or if you're going to go to coral world as well. It has a few nearby food stands and bar stands, but you're the most likely to be pestered for hairbraiding or trinkets here, and it can feel really crowded, especially if more than one ship is in. When I lived there I would go just to snorkel for a bit, but never if I wanted a nice day at the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter