Sandals Vs. Sneakers...

Sneakers or Sandals for 5 day park visit

• Total voters
What kind of bag are bringing into the parks if any? Our last trip, if I chose to wear my sneakers, I packed those cheap dollar flip flops in my bag in case of water ride or downpour. It also depends on how you will tour. Are you going to go all day? Maybe a solid comfortable sandal. Are you doing just the morning then a break? A sneaker might be ok since it's short term.

I personally have always gone with nice supportive sandals (love my Tevas), as they dry nice and quickly after an unexpected rainstorm!

I wear Keen sandals in the summer at WDW. In the winter, I wear Crocs. It's the only place I wear them. I find that without exception, Crocs are the most comfortable for me at WDW. Only if it is absolutely freezing do I switch to sneakers.

Thank you for this post....I've agonized over this issue for months. Leaving next week....yeah....and this is my final decision. I do have sneakers, they are Sketchers and I have worn them to the parks two years ago. They were great, and pretty thick skinned, so even in the rain I did well with them. I did waterproof them and I have just gave them another two coats for this year. But...I also think they will be fairly hot to wear on scorching days, so I have a pair of keens...that I love...used to wear them everywhere but have recently had issues with my Achilles tendon and need more support. But I am bringing them just the same, great in sun and rain. I also have a pair of chacos. These have great soles, vibram, and a good arch support. They are a one strap tightening system and solid on my feet, just not sure if they are all day shoes...so taking a chance on these. I will bring my cheapy flip flops to put on for Kali River or Splash, the day I go on those rides, if I have my sneakers on that day...trying to plan around this. As you can tell by my post, I have been giving this a great deal of thought because having sore feet while at Disney would suck! Good luck, may the foot fairy be with you!

I would go with a "Keen" sandal. They are waterproof and have soles like a sneaker. They also cover the toes so no fear of strollers and people hurting your feet in WDW crowds. These are perfect for the Florida weather as they work well with all the rain. They dry quickly and are very comfortable. A bit pricey but if you watch the prices on Amazon or 6pm, you can usually get them at 40% to 50% off. They will last forever!

I would go with a "Keen" sandal. They are waterproof and have soles like a sneaker. They also cover the toes so no fear of strollers and people hurting your feet in WDW crowds. These are perfect for the Florida weather as they work well with all the rain. They dry quickly and are very comfortable. A bit pricey but if you watch the prices on Amazon or 6pm, you can usually get them at 40% to 50% off. They will last forever!
I love my keens, they are all terrain.

I voted sneakers as I almost always wear those in the parks themselves, but I also take sandals and change if we're doing dinner at the resort or Disney Springs or something. I need the cushion of my sneakers as opposed to my sandals for the heavy walking, but I think switching it up for part of the day helps prevent blisters.

I voted sneakers as I almost always wear those in the parks themselves, but I also take sandals and change if we're doing dinner at the resort or Disney Springs or something. I need the cushion of my sneakers as opposed to my sandals for the heavy walking, but I think switching it up for part of the day helps prevent blisters.
What about when it rains...heavy?

Hi guys,
Anyone know of a store that sells Keens? I'm in Minnesota and am wondering if maybe the Mall of America may have them somewhere? And do they make them for 5 year olds, do you know? The show question is turning into a conundrum here, ha. I do like the idea of actually trying shoes on as opposed to buying them online. I also like the idea of Skechers with Memory Foam. Alright, just random thoughts here, thank you for your time!!

Hi guys,
Anyone know of a store that sells Keens? I'm in Minnesota and am wondering if maybe the Mall of America may have them somewhere? And do they make them for 5 year olds, do you know? The show question is turning into a conundrum here, ha. I do like the idea of actually trying shoes on as opposed to buying them online. I also like the idea of Skechers with Memory Foam. Alright, just random thoughts here, thank you for your time!!
HA---meant SHOE question, sheeeesh

Hi guys,
LL Bean has them in their catalog....and they do have kids sizes. I like them because they will take back anything without question, even without a sales slip. Also, if you have an LL Bean store there, you could return them if they don't fit without sending them back. I get the online shopping for shoes, it's hard to get the right size, but most places will give you a free return for a different size if they don't fit. I've actually been trying to find a boys size 6, because I like the style a bit better. I am a woman's 8. I tried on boys size 5 and my toes just go right to the end on one foot. They sell keens in lots of different stores, they are very popular. Good luck.

I've only ever worn sandals/flip flops to the parks. I can't stand socks and sneakers in the warm/hot weather. You can find more supportive sandals if needed. I use Vionics now and love them.

I've only ever worn sandals/flip flops to the parks. I can't stand socks and sneakers in the warm/hot weather. You can find more supportive sandals if needed. I use Vionics now and love them.
Yeah, they have some great flip flops out now, but I do need more support, so I have my sneakers and keens. I also have Chaco's, if anyone has ever heard of them.

Sneakers = wet feet
Wet feet = blisters
Blisters = misery

Wear sandals.
My husband wears sneakers every day. He has a couple pair with which he switches off.

I wear sandals every day. Again switching off every day with a different pair.

It really depends on what is comfortable to you.

It doesn't seem anyone has commented on the sneaker=wet feet. Do people end up with wet feet when wearing sneakers? Lots of people are wearing sneakers. What about on Kali River Rapids or Splash, don't your socks get soaked right through the shoes?

It doesn't seem anyone has commented on the sneaker=wet feet. Do people end up with wet feet when wearing sneakers? Lots of people are wearing sneakers. What about on Kali River Rapids or Splash, don't your socks get soaked right through the shoes?
Not on Splash. At least it hasn't happened with my husband.

I'm pretty sure they got wet when it poured down rain, and he danced in the rain. (Yes, I got video.:dancer:)

We are scheduling Kali, this trip, for right when we are heading back to the room.

So, maybe at one park? After one ride. Certainly not enough to stop wearing sneakers at Disney.

What about when it rains...heavy?

I don't really have big issues with it. We don't tend to do the white water raft type rides, and I just pick up my feet at the end of Splash Mtn. I'm not sure whether I've just been lucky with rain, or if it's when we go or that our touring style is pretty relaxed, but I don't remember spending wholes days in wet sneakers. We've been caught in showers, of course, but we've ducked into indoor attractions or sometimes were on our way out of the parks anyway.

Welcome:flower1:!!

I bring two pairs of sneakers for the parks and sandals for the hotel room and Kali River Rapids at AK. This year I am trying Keen sandals based on recommendations from Dis.

Which Vionics do you have? I would like some sandal ones and there are so many I don't know which to chose! I would like no heel and good support.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter