Sandals on the Rides?

seasonality

Mouseketeer
Does Disney allow you to wear sandals on the rides? Many theme parks require sneakers or closed toes when riding rides such as the roller coasters etc.

Thanks!

Wow, I've never ever heard of that kind of restriction anywhere. What theme parks have this rule?

I've seen many places that ask you to remove flip flops or crocs that would come off easily on a ride that goes upside down or has your legs dangling. But I've never seen the "closed toe shoe" requirement.

That would be a deal breaker for me. I love my croc flip flops in the summer!

Sandals and even flip flops are fine. Just beware!! Two years ago, don't ask me how, but my then 4 year old lost a flip flop on Space Mountain!! And it was never to be found. lol~ They gave us a voucher to go buy her another pair in the gift shop. So although we lost a pair of shoes to a matching outfit, she didn't have to go footless the rest of the night.

Heather

Be careful if you wear sandals on Splash Mountain and sit in the front row. Last summer DH wore sandals and cut his toe pretty bad when it banged against the front. He went to first aid to have the cut cleaned and the nurse told him this happens a lot to people wearing sandals and sitting in the front seat.

Wow, I've never ever heard of that kind of restriction anywhere. What theme parks have this rule?

Probably ones that have 'dangly' rides. Where you are hanging with your feet free. Since WDW has none of those rides, would be no reason to have the rule there..

On Soarin' they tell you that if you have shoes that may come off during the ride (flip-flops, crocs, etc) to put them on the floor in front of you. When the ride ends you just slip them back on your feet. :thumbsup2

Actually Soarin' is like that. And they request you take off your shoes, if they're like flip flops or sandals that you can easily slide out of.

On Soarin' they tell you that if you have shoes that may come off during the ride (flip-flops, crocs, etc) to put them on the floor in front of you. When the ride ends you just slip them back on your feet. :thumbsup2

Actually Soarin' is like that. And they request you take off your shoes, if they're like flip flops or sandals that you can easily slide out of.

Forgot about soarin.. I could see them doing it on that ride for sure :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter