Sand Ceremony?

Carye

Mouseketeer
Where did you get your sand ceremony? and how much did it cost? Does Disney require they provide it if you get married in the parks like they do the flowers? I would love to see pics and any suggestions for places to get them.:flower3:

Hiya Carye,

I wanted to know about this too.. like the price of it ect.. and with us travelling from the UK, we cant exactly buy the sand and take it over with us, and i have tried to look around for some info on this as i think its a really nice touch to the ceremony- i have seen some sneak peeks and its so cute with the sand ceremonies!

I am buying mine through disney. I did not find one that I liked online and for $30 im happy with what im getting. for the $30 i get the 3 vases (with lid for the big one) and the sand!! We are having sand from the beach at the WP put in the bottom of the big one!!

Here is a picture that Rosie sent me.

sand_ceremony_table.jpg

Ebay o'course!! I can't remember who the seller was, but check here
http://shop.ebay.com/items/__sand-ceremony_W0QQLHQ5fIncludeSIFZ1QQ_flnZ1QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em283 for both of you - I looked on the ebay.co.uk site, but didn't see anything for you Stacey. Most of the US sellers ship to UK though.

Ours cost about 30 and are simple containers with yellow and blue sand. It isn't huge because I didn't want the sand to combine - I wanted it to stay in layers. My WC said we could bring it in, but I'm not sure if that's something they could provide, but I bet they could (at huge cost!). THe pics are in my PJ if you want to check it out! :goodvibes

I am buying mine through disney. I did not find one that I liked online and for $30 im happy with what im getting. for the $30 i get the 3 vases (with lid for the big one) and the sand!! We are having sand from the beach at the WP put in the bottom of the big one!!

Here is a picture that Rosie sent me.

sand_ceremony_table.jpg

I think I saw that pic in someones PJ. It looks really familiar! We got one from the knot.com when it was on sale. Here is a pic. Also we got it engraved with our names and our wedding date. Thought it was kinda cute!
P1579_m.jpg

I think I saw that pic in someones PJ. It looks really familiar! We got one from the knot.com when it was on sale. I'll post a pic when I can find it

I think it's Lynn's. The pink looks familiar... :goodvibes

Edit - I found the picture of my set
CIMG1154.jpg

I knew you girls would be helpful. We are planning on driving, so taking one with us would be no problem, and I love the idea of having one personalized, the disney one is good too, but I will snoop around and see what I find. I will keep everyone posted if I find anything fabulous. If it is one without a lid couldn't you use Glad Press n Seal on it to get it home?

We are making ours. We bought two cylinders from Target that were semi egg shaped and a apothecary jar for the mixing one. We heard horror stories that they ened up droping in in the car with no lid etc. I want to have the original sand so we are keeping it closed!

I was all set on getting one from forevermemories.com as they will send the set out to a Disney hotel room for you if you provide the details, however I've just discovered that it wouldn't let me go any further than the payment screen, as it won't accept payment from a non-US paypal account :sad1:

I know Summer used this site though, perhaps I'll have to email them to find out if there's a way round this.

But for you US brides, it's worth a visit, they do the full package with sand and stoppers and funnel and everything! :thumbsup2

I've got details on the PC of a company that ships to Disney resorts and their prices are really good. As soon as I can kick DF off Warcraft I'll post the details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter