San Juan Puerto Rico

Really, excited about our April cruise and "things to do" in San Juan.:cool1:

Thank you everyone! We are getting ready right now and almost out the door! I can't wait to report back. Can't wait to be in on the ship. Blessings to all! :wizard:

disneyfan888 said:
We are on the 11/3/12 sailing, inaugural Puerto Rico voyage :goodvibes

I will be more than happy to post the Navigator for the PR day. My husband is from PR and I was raised there, so we are pretty excited to have the Disney cruise sail us to the lovely Island. 2 more days to go! pixiedust:

Hope you have a great trip! Looking forward to seeing the Navigators from your trip. :)

disneyfan888 said:
There are no swimming beaches in the immediate area of Old San Juan. When the forts were created the Spaniards put huge rocks around the entire permimeter to help prevent invaders from coming in. The closest beach to Old San Juan is "El Escambrón" also called "Third Millennium Park" which is a short taxi ride away. I like this beach a lot because just like Castaway Cay, it is enclosed by huge boulders. The next closest beach is "El Condado Beach" which is a bit further. "El Escambrón Beach" is not very far from Old San Juan, but walking it can be a bit long from the pier, I would recommend taking a Taxi which should not be more than 5-10 minutes depending on traffic.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I will do my best to answer all that I can before we board tomorrow and I will remember to get post those navigators when we get back! :thumbsup2

Thank you for the info we might change our plans we were thinking of taking a taxi to Isla Verde Beach but know I think we will switch plans see u on Saturday

What are the must see places and restaurants in San Juan Puerto Rico?

For a simple day visit, got to El Morro or San Cristollo (spelled wrong), they are the old Spanisg Fortresses, very interesting. Also, we ate at Tio Danny's restaurant, very casual, it is a blend of Puerto Rican and Mexican menu, we stuck with the puerto rican dishes, I had the Chicken Mofungo, it was soooo delicious! Do an internet search to find the location in Old San Juan. We were not on a cruise, but my wife is from there so we have visited 3 times.

Also, like any other big city, use street smarts and do not go down dark alleys at night.

Hello Everyone! :wave2:

I am back and had a wonderful time in the inaugural cruise to San Juan, PR. It was wonderful! I will be adding the Navigators so that all of you can get a sense of what was offered on our sailing. I hope this is helpful. You can also find the information on a thread titled "In Puerto Rico Right Now" which I created while in San Juan. I will also be creating a cruise report during the week. For now, here is the Navigator for Day 1, I will continue to add the others. Have fun! :thumbsup2

NavigatorNov32012.jpg

NavigatorNov32012Pg2.jpg

NavigatorNov32012Pg3.jpg

NavigatorNov32012Pg4.jpg

NavigatorNov32012Pg5.jpg

what was your dining rotation (what dining room were you in each night)?

do you know any others?

Thanks

what was your dining rotation (what dining room were you in each night)?

do you know any others?

Thanks

I was on this trip also, our dining rotation was AERAERA. We skipped the MDR on Pirate Night, which was our 2nd Animator's Palette, and the night after in Enchanted Garden. They did the animation in AP on the third night and it was such a fun way to end the cruise.

Ive heard that the Spa runs specials. Is that posted in the Navigator somewhere? I was looking for it but I didnt see it. Thanks!

Our Dining rotation was ERAERAE.
:)

Thanks for the info.

I was on this trip also, our dining rotation was AERAERA. They did the animation in AP on the third night and it was such a fun way to end the cruise.

Thanks. I just got off the phone with DCL and suggested this rotation. No guarantee they said. I just don't want R first as that is my favorite menu and don't want to have it in case I am a little queezy the first night.

Have you heard from anyone that has tried the zipline excursion? We all have a little extra fluffy on our bodies but very active. I am just wondering what the harness is like. We have never tried anything like ziplinig before. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Have you heard from anyone that has tried the zipline excursion? We all have a little extra fluffy on our bodies but very active. I am just wondering what the harness is like. We have never tried anything like ziplinig before. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hey you :) When are you cruising again? We go in January. I just booked the ziplining excursion for my DH and DS(15). I'd love to go too, but Tim is still too young, so I'm doing the rain forest hike with him. I too would love to hear details from recent San Juan Zipliners :thumbsup2

Hey you :) When are you cruising again? We go in January. I just booked the ziplining excursion for my DH and DS(15). I'd love to go too, but Tim is still too young, so I'm doing the rain forest hike with him. I too would love to hear details from recent San Juan Zipliners :thumbsup2

HI!!!!! Long story short- magically we leave soon! December! Amazing how this has all happen!

You should check Campo Rico's website http://www.camporicoziplining.com/PDF/ECOBROCHUESSCRZC.PDF They say ages 6-68 Not sure why Disney shows a different age.

If we do, I will be sure to let you know :) But hopefully someone will share their experience before we go :)

Thank you for posting. We are boarding December 1st, now we can really plan.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks. I just got off the phone with DCL and suggested this rotation. No guarantee they said. I just don't want R first as that is my favorite menu and don't want to have it in case I am a little queezy the first night.

You are very welcome! I hope you get what you want. :thumbsup2
We love the menu's in the rotation dining rooms! Of course some things here and there we are not too fond of, but overall, very yummy :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter