San Francisco Giants - Where to sit??

LJH77

Mouseketeer
I wonder if anyone can help?

My fiance and I are wanting to go to and see the baseball when we are in california in August. From what I can see from the MLB website the only team playing at home when we are there are the Giants, therefore the AT&T stadium it is!

So, I was wondering - can anyone tell us the best place to sit? I have only been to a couple of games before (Houston Astros & Boston Red Socks) and my DF has never been so we aren't really sure where we should get tickets for. For example - we could buy the best seats but is that really the best place to sit to take in the atmosphere and enjoy the whole experience??

What would everyone suggest??

Thanks!!

according to my sis who is a regular; between home and 3rd are nice seats. if you are a more rowdy party couple the bleacher are great. they are near the bar, and has a more outgoing party atmoshpere, very fun. she goes all the time and used to work at a bar across from the park while she was in college.

Thanks very mrs.beast for the info and thanks to your sister aswell!

Sorry if this is a silly question but, by 3rd you mean 3rd base which would be to the left of home? Is that right?

Hmmm what to do? I suppose we might be restricted to what seats we can get actually, depending on how busy it is. But I'll definately keep what you've suggested in mind! Thanks again!

In addition to purchasing tickets directly from the Giants, they've also set up a system where season ticket holders can resell their own tickets to individual games. This might allow you to get decent seats. Here's the Giants page explaining it, with a link to the 3rd party outfit that handles the resales:

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/sf/ticketing/doubleplay.jsp

Wow - thats cool. Thanks for heads up jlmarr. I'll give that a go aswell then!

Woo hoo! It's too exciting!

Ya, the doubleplay feature is great....it's a really great opportunity to see a game up close and personal. I've only been to a few games at AT&T Park, we are A's fans so we normally go to McAfee Coliseum in Oakland. But, the few times we've been we have had seats between home and 3rd base and yes, they are a great view! Have fun, I love baseball games!

Oh my goodness, sorry another stupid question - what is a doubleplay feature?!! Ha ha can you tell I'm from Scotland??

We're in LA and Anaheim aswell but none of they teams are playing at home while we're there - fortunately the Giants are! Hoorayy!

My only advice is to bring a sweater. The weather may not be as warm as you think and right on the bay can get downright cold.

Oh yes, definitely plan on sweaters. It gets cold in SF all the time, and AT&T Park is next to the water so it gets chilly. Doubleplay feature is simply where season pass holders who can't make the game are reselling their tickets. You can get really good seats buying them that way.

I live near Sacramento, but I am a Bay Area native, so once a year my dad and I drive to a Giants game.

I use the Doubleplay window each time to get tickets.

I love the Club level seat, just behind home plate. Great View of the game, the stadium, and the bay!

Thanks very much everyone for the advice and words of wisdom! - It is a great help, we'll definately look into the doubleplay window.

We'll also definately take a jumper or two aswell - although giving the weather we are having here is Scotland right now it will probably feel tropical for us!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter