San Diego week of 4th of July

Steph228

Earning My Ears
Wow. I'm loving all of the tips and advice in this forum. My 6 year old son and I have an unexpected opportunity to visit San Diego from July 2 (Monday) through July 6 (Friday). This will be our first visit to Southern California, so I'm very excited. I'm usually a planner, so trying to schedule everything on such short notice is throwing me for a loop. We are planning to visit Sea World, Legoland and hit the beach. We'll probably go to the beach on July 4th - probably Coronado or La Jolla. Monday and Friday are travel days, so that leaves Tuesday and Thursday for Sea World and Legoland. Any advice on which day to go to a particular park? My guess is that every day that week will be far more crowded than usual, so it probably is a toss-up, but thought I'd ask the "experts" here to be sure. We're staying downtown in the Gaslamp district if that makes a difference.

Also, several people have suggested viewing the 4th of July fireworks from the aircraft carrier. Anybody done that or have other suggestions?

Any and all advice welcome.

It probably doens't impact crowds that much during a holiday week, but Thursdays are "Model Mom" days in LL. LL has a special season pass that is only good on Thursdays and the y have organized "stroller hikes" that kind of thing. The purpose it to boost attendence on a slow day, so during the non-tourist season, Thursdays are busier than Tuesdays!! I can't talk about the tourist season, as I usually avoid LL then!!:)
So, that said, Tuesday may be better for LL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter